Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Placement of stay bars/stabilizer straps

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inno
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Placement of stay bars/stabilizer straps Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Can someone tell me the correct way to attach stabilizer straps/bars for a 3pt back blade on a TO-35 or similar. Pics would be great.
Thanks

Tony in Mass.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: Placement of stay bars/stabilizer straps Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Oh Inno, I don't think there is a 'right' way, just whatever works. I give up on 60 year old factory dimensions. The hangers are all different, the pins vary, the bars are always all bent or warped, and one time I straightened one and had to rebend it to get it to on the pin. Just center (centre) your blade and keep moving the pieces of the puzzle until they ...sorta... fit... I ended up with 2 bars that are turnbuckles like a top link... I suppose so you could just adjust it to work without killing half the day laying in snow... good luck.

johnpop1

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: Placement of stay bars/stabilizer straps Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The antisway bars mount to a bracket underneath the
axle where the fender is mounted. The other end
mounts to the same pin that the lift arms fasten to,
at least this is what I remember on a TO30. The 35
may have a secondary pin on the lift arm forward of
the ball joint, at least this is what the high
wheeled MF65 has.

s19438
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: Placement of stay bars/stabilizer straps Reply to specific post Reply with quote

hope this helps
hope the pics load
mounted on TO-35

s19438
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Placement of stay bars/stabilizer straps Reply to specific post Reply with quote

one more pic

Inno
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: Placement of stay bars/stabilizer straps Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Perfect! Thanks.
Not worried about exact dimensions, just want something that will work. Maybe jumping the gun a bit 'cause the 35 isn't all back together yet but I'm hoping over the weekend it might be.

Tony in Mass.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Placement of stay bars/stabilizer straps Reply to specific post Reply with quote

See the way 1943's brackets/hangers are 'pin forward? This is what I would have milk runs with before you tighten bolts, his been there awhile, and all the rest of his pins look like they went in fine, so just perfect.... but none of my stuff is all new and painted... we'll see if santa can improve that...

s19438
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Placement of stay bars/stabilizer straps Reply to specific post Reply with quote

those pin brackets are OEM. now if you have to go and buy the newer universal pin brackets is where you run into problems and you have to trial and error it before tighening the brackets down. the bars are all basically cut the same has been my experience.

Inno
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Placement of stay bars/stabilizer straps Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not sure if I even have those pins. It had a loader on it when I got it so a slightly different bracket.

supergrumpy
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Placement of stay bars/stabilizer straps Reply to specific post Reply with quote

TSC has those adjustable stabilizers, make them any lenth you want, look line a long thin upper link

they sell a kit that gives you the pin under the axle, locktite the nuts

John(UK)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:22 am    Post subject: Re: Placement of stay bars/stabilizer straps Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The brackets under the axle should be slack on the long bolts so they can move slightly. Fit the Pin on the bracket so that it is directly opposite the lower link Pivot Pin. Because of the Multitude of brackets available for different tractors, you need to have the correct ones or they will not allow the bars to pivot without bending. Attach the bars to the bracket pins and the implement end and lift the implement clear of the ground so that the lower links are horizontal. Now push the implement across the width of the tractor a few times just to allow everything to line-up. Now making sure that the Top Link is in-line with the tractor so the implement is central to the tractor. Now tighten the Fender Bolts and providing that you have the correct brackets, the implement will lift and lower without bending the stabilizer bars, if they do bend then suspect that the brackets are wrong. The Stabilizer Bars should be the same length as the Lower Link arms of the 3 point, Centre to Centre of the pin holes. If you have adjustable bars, set them the same length as the lower link arms on the 3 point, just because you can adjust them to fit without trying to adjust the brackets under the axle will not allow them to move in the same arc as the lower link arms and something will bend or break. Any problems you may have with Stabilizers is almost always due to incorrect setting of the Brackets and pins under the axle and you tend to shy away from adjusting the brackets because the bolts are rusted and difficult to slacken off the nuts, but there is no easy way if you want it correct..John(UK)..fergusontractors@hotmail.com

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Harry Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.