Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FEL hydraulic pump

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KHinWY
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:12 am    Post subject: FEL hydraulic pump Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Havent posted for quite awhile because my questions get answered by just reading everyday. 1940 something 2n 6v with fel. Tag says it is a Ford loader, jungle gym style with a front mount ford hydarulic pump. Cant find anything on the pump to order rebuild kit so I am going to have to put on a new pump, and maybe new valve. What is the best pump to use tpo replace the one that is on there now. Thanks you guys always have the answers.

TheOldHokie
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: FEL hydraulic pump Reply to specific post Reply with quote

KHinWY wrote:
(quoted from post at 12:12:37 12/21/12) Havent posted for quite awhile because my questions get answered by just reading everyday. 1940 something 2n 6v with fel. Tag says it is a Ford loader, jungle gym style with a front mount ford hydarulic pump. Cant find anything on the pump to order rebuild kit so I am going to have to put on a new pump, and maybe new valve. What is the best pump to use tpo replace the one that is on there now. Thanks you guys always have the answers.

An inexpensive SAE two bolt mount gear pump will work fine. I have used quite a few of these - run about $120 each. You will likely have to fabricate a mount to adapt it to your loader.

TOH

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: FEL hydraulic pump Reply to specific post Reply with quote

One of the most common pumps I have seen on those loaders where the old Vickers Vane pumps and the rebuild kits 10 plus years ago cost a guy more then a whole new pump did. Those pumps where rated at around 8-10 GPM and that is about all the more you want or you could wear what ever you have in the bucket at that time. Surplus center is a good place to look for a hyd pump.
Surplus Center

KHinWY
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: FEL hydraulic pump Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks... building a bracket would not be a problem. So I need to look at one around 10GPM. The pump that is on it has the Ford script on it and is a gear pump. Floating brass end plate is worn and the spring washer is pretty weak.

kylemorley
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: FEL hydraulic pump Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not so fast. Why are you rebuilding it? If it's leaking, usually it
just needs a seal or two, which you can probably get from a
bearing or hydraulic house. Or an old time tractor dealer who
has been in the business 25 or more years.

If it needs bearings too they are easily found. It's usually only
when the actually pump innards are chewed up that you really
need genuine factory parts.

I did the pump on my Wagner loader about 20 years ago, was a
very easy job (and I knew nothing about hydraulics then), and
was still working just fine when I sold the loader.

KHinWY
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: FEL hydraulic pump Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rebuilding it because it builds very little pressure. Seals are good, bearings are good. Gears have worn into the end plate, thus fluid bypasses and does not build pressure.

howdy1960
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: FEL hydraulic pump Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Had to replace pump and control on my 43 2N with roll cage style FEL (Dearborn 19-61) as Parker valve was trashed and unrebuildable and Vickers pump split center section. Had to build new bracket to mount control but it works Used it to clear driveway of 6" of snow today (the main purpose I got the FEL). New Vickers pump is, I believe, a 10 GPM unit. Got my stuff at Nu-Way Hydrulics in Syracuse NY .
Good Luck
Norm

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.