Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

In need of a John Deere H Manure Spreader Part

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brittany92
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: In need of a John Deere H Manure Spreader Part Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am in need of an axle bearing for a John Deere H Manure Spreader.

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: In need of a John Deere H Manure Spreader Part Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What you need to do is remove the bad one, clean it up fairly well, and it doesn't have to come out whole, and take it tyour local bearing store, and they will measure it up and set the replacement on the counter for you at about 1/3 the price of the JD bearing. Chances are the replacement that they have for you will be a better quality than the one from JD

DeltaRed
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: In need of a John Deere H Manure Spreader Part Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What showcrop said....Most JD bearings are made for someone else in China.JD puts them in their own boxes and doubles the price.So...Take the 'pieces' to NAPA and get your bearings.

WCS
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:38 am    Post subject: Re: In need of a John Deere H Manure Spreader Part Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What is the part number?

Mark-Ia
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: In need of a John Deere H Manure Spreader Part Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think the bearing she needs are made up of about a dozen pins about 3/16th by 2" long. Maybe called a Caged Bearing. I doubt a parts store will have them. Maybe try the classified ads here. Might post on the John Deere forum here also.

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: In need of a John Deere H Manure Spreader Part Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Typed this all and lost it so here goes again. The part number that you need is 990SC roller bearing and acording to the parts book looks like it is 2-1/16" inside diameter and 3-1/2" outside diameter acording to the washer (1968 SC) that fits against the outside end of bearing and inside the bearing housing (would make the rollers about 3/4" in diameter) and apears to be about 6-7" long. That type of bearing has not been generaly avaible for the past 30 years but for the good news they are made right here at Degraff, Ohio and I can go direct to factory and buy them. Being Amish they have no phone or computor but I can act as a gobetween so if interested contact me. email is open.

MisterT
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: In need of a John Deere H Manure Spreader Part Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mark-Ia wrote:
(quoted from post at 15:15:25 12/23/12) I think the bearing she needs are made up of about a dozen pins about 3/16th by 2" long. Maybe called a Caged Bearing. I doubt a parts store will have them. Maybe try the classified ads here. Might post on the John Deere forum here also.

I will guess that you are correct. Definitely would not be a typical, tapered wheel bearing.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.