Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2-105/2-135 turbo

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1850Dpuller

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: 2-105/2-135 turbo Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am putting a turbo on my 1850 diesel for tractor pulling 5/7mph and open classes, should I go with a 2-105 white turbo or would a 2-135 white turbo be better? Is the 2-135 white turbo bigger, will it fit on the 2-105 exhaust manifold? Will I have problems with the 2-135 white/ bigger turbo spooling up? Or does anyone have a suggestion on a differnt turbo I should use? thanks

jordan hackman
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 2-105/2-135 turbo Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i think you would want to go with a 105 or 110 turbo. i think a 135 turbo is to big to fit on a perkins manifold. we turbo charged our 1850 for work and we own a 135 and 2150which has the same motor and if memory surves me right the 135/2150 has a bigger manifold than an 1850/105.

J. Schwiebert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:29 am    Post subject: Re: 2-105/2-135 turbo Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Are you going to farm with it or just pull it? How much horsepower are you trying to get? My 2 cents worth, if you are going to turbo an 1850, I would be get rid of the Perkins in there and find yourself a dot 4 engine out of a M-F combine. Then take the 2 and make one. Both Mr. Star (who has more experience with the 1850 than I do) have commented that you are going to have a high chance of running into problems trying to do that. The Perkins in the 1850 is not internally strong enough for a turbo nor is the cooling capacity there..

oliver1850T
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: 2-105/2-135 turbo Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Get yourself an H1 Holset off an older Dodge truck. It will work perfect for what you need. You will have to make a flange for the exhaust. The bolt pattern is larger on the holset. Far better turbo than the garrett. If you plan on keeping the original engine, find some used 2-105 pistons and connecting rods the are stronger, fully pressurized, and can take a lot more heat. I have melted a couple of original 1850 pistons doing what u are planning to do.

1850Dpuller

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: 2-105/2-135 turbo Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Its just for pulling. How much horse power could I expect. I know the Perkins in an 1850 isnt tough enough I plan on putting a combine engine in when it blows. Will pistons and rods from a 2-105 work with a 1850 crank? Thanks

m kuhns

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: 2-105/2-135 turbo Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We put a wastegted turbo off a 5.9 cummins. This would be from about a 94-2002 Dodge truck. I got rid of the wastegate and made a bracket to keep it shut. I works well and no smoke under load. The older ones prior to 1994 had a larger exhaust housing which won't make as much boost. Our 1850 is around 170hp with the pump turned up all the way. We put perkins DOT 4 pistons in an older 2-105 engine. These are way better than the stock pistons. The DOT 4 pistons have steel in ring lands where the stock ones were aluminum.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Oliver, Cletrac, Coop and Cockshutt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.