Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Son-of-a....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
denverslim
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Son-of-a.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So here" a lesson in how NOT to remove those outside wheel weights. Get somebody to help you! When you take that last bolt out, it"s going DOWN to the axel, even if you DO have a hold on it!
It"s been about a week, so I can laugh about it now, but for awhile I just walked around in little circles talking about how dumb I was...slim
Photobucket
Photobucket

Dale from NW WA
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Son-of-a.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am willing to bet that is not all you said. That finger looks like a very bad owee. Sticks out like a sore_____. Dale

j hikemper

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Son-of-a.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

AuGGGHHH!... man I feel for YOU ,,be careful , and take some aspirin ,,.,personally been tauht hard lessons since i was old enuf to pik up a hammer ,, i have had my share of black finger nails ,dumbest one i ever done was using a wrench with one hand while the other was balancing and the lever slipped over center and hammered my fingers ,,

Mark-Ia
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Son-of-a.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Maybe you should drop it on that 3rd one to give some color too!

Erik Ks farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Son-of-a.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ahh that is about the worst kind of hurt there is! A guy doesn't realize how bad that hurts till he does it, take a small drill bit and drill through the nail. It relieves the pressure and the intense pain.

wheat straw
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Son-of-a.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

OOOUUUUUch.
I dropped an empty milk can on my left big toe when I was 11. It felt like it was brim full.
That'l come back as good as new though.

Wheat straw

DKase
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Son-of-a.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

OUCH!! I do like the paint on the others though. Purdy color!

farmboyWI
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Son-of-a.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

At least you still have all your toes! OK, so I was 3 at the time, so I wasn’t removing weights from the tractor, just tipped one over. But still something to talk about. Hope that gets better soon, I know what that feels like!

WY JERRY
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: Son-of-a.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I agree with drilling the hole - small as possible - like a #60 bit. I have had to do this to myself several times, and all the pain is gone immediately (after finishing the drilling process)

denverslim
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: Son-of-a.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well, the act of drilling a hole in my nail might have worked, but my "cojones" were just not big enough!...Lol
I was NOT about to create any more pain...slim

BarryfromIA
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: Son-of-a.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Find someone with a steady hand to heat the bent out end of a paper clip red hot and it can burn through till the blood comes out. Don'task me how I know this.

j hikemper

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: Son-of-a.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

amen ,, get that pressure off,,,.best way is heating a paper clip or needle ,, dont use a drill bit ,,,.. only us well experienced guys would know that ,.. LOL

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: Son-of-a.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

BTDT with weights,including a smashed foot. I can't lift them any more so maybe I'm safe now.
Loren

DC3puller

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Son-of-a.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Best way to work with wheel wts. is to get a concreate block anda 2 by 6 set the block out about 4 feet lay the board on the rim or center casting place wt. on board and you can pry it into place or take it off we do this all the time with our DC's

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.