Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Air Intake and Exhaust Height Revisit (Pics)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaseDC3
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Air Intake and Exhaust Height Revisit (Pics) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Several weeks ago I posted a message here about DC tractors air intake and exhaust pipe/muffler heights. I thank all who responded. After much thought on my part this is what I decided for my tractor. The air intake is 83" from the ground the exhaust is 2 inches taller at 85". I like the looks, plus the sound is not all that bad either. Thanks again for the help and Merry Christmas.

Jeremy McNary
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Air Intake and Exhaust Height Revisit (Pics) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

very nicely done DC

dboll

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Air Intake and Exhaust Height Revisit (Pics) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'd take that inline gas filter and throw it in the garbage. They are made to be used with a pump and not gravity and are not needed with a sediment bowl.

1370rod
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Air Intake and Exhaust Height Revisit (Pics) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Darn good look-in DC, Rod.

JW
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Air Intake and Exhaust Height Revisit (Pics) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The top of your hood and radiator look like glass, very nice

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Air Intake and Exhaust Height Revisit (Pics) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Very nice job, the old girl looks great.
Loren

JT's RandR
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Air Intake and Exhaust Height Revisit (Pics) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a suggestion for you to keep that pretty paint job on the hood looking nice around the exhaust pipe. Go to your local auto parts store and pick up some high temperature header wrap and wrap up the manifold elbow and lower portion of your pipe to keep from melting the decal and discoloring the paint. We use it on all of ours and it works great.

C. Amick
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Air Intake and Exhaust Height Revisit (Pics) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I like the look, but there are too many low-hanging tree limbs where I live to have pipes sticking up that far. Smile

j hikemper

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Air Intake and Exhaust Height Revisit (Pics) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

agreed about the beautiful paint that needs protection ,, you could also choose to mount a pice of heavy tin to the exhaust clamp to act as a heat deflector , between hood and exhaust ,,. that was Pops idea 40 yrs ago and i still have it fixed that way ,..wonder if case ever thought of doing that ??

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.