Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Uni-pickor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
G706
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Uni-pickor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here's a couple pictures of a Uni. Corn cribs empty and the picker just needs a rear tire but the corn's already harvested.

Paul from MI
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Uni-pickor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My cousin used one of those for years. I think his had a 292 Chevy six in it. Must have done a pretty good job because he was very fussy about picking clean corn.

Mark (EC,IN)
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Uni-pickor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That being painted yellow is old enough to be a Minnie Moe.

Didn"t they call them a "Mule"?

I thought the Uni term is what New Idea called them after the bought it.

What ever it is called..........it a cool picture....on of those "I wish it could talk"

retired farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Uni-pickor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Perfect picture to put on a calendar.

gtractorfan
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Uni-pickor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like it needs to be INSIDE the shed, they don't make those anymore. Would be a shame to let it rust into the ground.

oleclint
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Uni-pickor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

M-M named them a "Uni-Farmor " The earlier ones had a 3 wheeled 'Uni-Tractor under the different harvesting attch.
Latter on,M-M replaced the underpowered 3 wheeler with a 4 wheeled , "Brown Mule"That had a bigger eng. in it.I think one option was a Chevy 6 cyl. Not a bad outfit in its day. I think they came on the market about 1950.
Maybe MMDel or ILJOHN will get on here with more facts , they are well imformed on these outfits. I would like to know where this great pic was taken at. Thanks. clint

Justforfun

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: Uni-pickor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

G706, You beat me out on taking photos of that barn and picker. I drive past there twice a day, and keep thinking I'll come back with my camera. Like said before, great pictures. Fred

G706
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: Uni-pickor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not sure the road but it is west of Benton, Indiana on the way to New Paris.

G706
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: Uni-pickor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There is so much traffic I was about afraid to stop for pictures. Took a chance and walked out in the field for a better shot. First saw it about 10 years ago we my brother in law and I got lost on the way from New Paris to Topeka. Hope someone can save it before the scrappers or a housing development get it. Too far for me to drag 2200 miles home!

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Combines and Harvesters All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.