Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

late model f-20

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnf20
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: late model f-20 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 39' f20 serial # 137585 i believe. It is a narrow tread,cast wheels,starter,break pedals,lights, pto extension and built-in roadgear.. it also has an "M" carburator on it. How many f20s were made after this one?? It has been in the family since 1958 and nothing has been added since then except a valve job and tires... is there a way to figure out where it was sold new? to who? does it have more value than an older model f20?? i know they are out there but im just curious...thanks

Pete_5959
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: late model f-20 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

148810 was the last F20 to roll off the line according to G.F. book. 130865 was first off the line as a 39 model.

DeltaRed
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: late model f-20 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The last F-20 (according to it's current owner) is 15 miles from me at Montrose,CO.It was originally sold new in Texas,later wound up in Tucumcari NewMexico.It was retrieved from a fencerow and brought to Montrose where it is currently being restored.Unfortunately the mounted 4 row cultivators were removed and scrapped by the current owner.The son of the original owner(but not the current owner) is a friend and member of our tractor club,'Thunder Mountain Flywheelers'

Old-F20
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: late model f-20 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

for some reason you will always find F series with higher serials than what you see written in a book. for some reason IHC kept making them after what we thought was an end date. some F-30 canes were built into 1940. I have a W-30 with a high enough serial its considered a 1940 by the parts book serial listing.

I know of a regular narrow tread thats almost 3000 AFTER what was thought to be the end

about 4 years ago i drug an F-20 chassis out of and old farm i was scrapping out. it was 149XXX. i would have saved it but no engine and no wheels Sad

robgIN
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: late model f-20 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

take one of the block inspection covers off and feel the sleeve and see if it feels really thin. It may have 4 inch pistons in it. If they put an M carb on it I wouldn't be suprised if they put the big piston and sleeve kit in it too. They do crank a bit harder with them in so that electric start will be a plus if it does.

Arnold Layne
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: late model f-20 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If that is the 20 I think it is, it is the last number of regular production, the last number on the official IHC books. However, there are many that were put together out of parts stock with a higher number. Does the same guy have dual {or maybe triple?} steel on a JD model D?

DeltaRed
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: late model f-20 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes.I think that tractor(the 'D') is an 'experimental' modle.It really PULLS.

Arnold Layne
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: late model f-20 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yeah, that's right, I forgot about the experimental part, I have sold him some Farmall stuff.

PaulGinMn
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: late model f-20 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i have 148194 in my collection with electric start and road gear

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.