Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What Model Minnie Mo?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John V.
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: What Model Minnie Mo? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This is my Grandfather chopping corn in 1962, I'd like to know what model Minneapolis Moline he had. Thanks! I don't think it's in October, I'm guessing that"s when the roll of film was developed.

Last edited by John V. on Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
redgems
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: What Model Minnie Mo? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

1954-55 UB.
Picture could of been August,sept,early Oct
Tony

shinnery
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: What Model Minnie Mo? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I agree on the UB M/M. I am amazed at what the little girl can be riding on on the front bolster of the tractor. Did she survive?
Bryce

mmoon
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: What Model Minnie Mo? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

HI JOHN can you tell me where this picture was taken?---we had a rig just like it at the same time --we used a 2 row fox chopper thanks lee

rvirgil_KS
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: What Model Minnie Mo? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

53-54 UB. UB had the high seat and steering. Is that a doll or an ear of corn on the front bracket? With the load of the chopper she should have had a real sweet sound with that pipe for a muffler.

John V.
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: What Model Minnie Mo? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pic was taken in Northern IL. I think its a bad photo or your eyes are playing tricks on you, nobody"s sitting on the front bolster.

t,r.k.

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: What Model Minnie Mo? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My eyes aren't the best, but I think you guys are seeing a front cultivator bracket on that tractor rather than a person.

redgems
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: What Model Minnie Mo? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes! Many of the U's and UB's had permanently mounted cultivator brackets on them in front of Grill.
Bob my mechanic and friend looking for treasures in tool box

Tony

Kevin Moschenrose
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: What Model Minnie Mo? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

not sure the corn would be that green in late sapt or oct.

oleclint
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: What Model Minnie Mo? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi John, I would like to know where that pic was taken , as I used to live in NorthernIll . Filled a number of silos up there in the 50 s & 60 s. Wish I had a good powerfull tractor like that UB was. Really a neat old picture , any more ? clint

tntleake
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: What Model Minnie Mo? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thats a 53 or 54 UBU. Would like to have been there taking the photo and hearing her work
Tracy

tntleake
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: What Model Minnie Mo? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here is a photo of mine. Its an LP tractor

The Dukester
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: What Model Minnie Mo? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Never had a Minnie in the old days of the 1950's but the chopper and wagon looks familiar. We had a Gehl flywheel type field chopper, Gehl "long folding auger" belt driven blower and used the Gehl hardware to build false endgate wagons to haul the chopped ensilage or haylage with. It was a pretty good job "hooking down" the loads of chopped material into the blower as the endgate in the wagon was winched back. That was my job for about 3 years when we custom filled upright silos.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Minneapolis Moline All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.