Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone get new tools for Christmas?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ted in NE-OH
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: Anyone get new tools for Christmas? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What new tools did anyone get for Christmas?

Ray Heck
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone get new tools for Christmas? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes, I did get a pack of Craftsman screwdrivers. They are something I always misplace.

George Marsh
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone get new tools for Christmas? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Santa dumped off a ton of coal, so I purchased a battery conductance tester, Midtronics PBT300. Found a nice used JD Gator with a snow plow this morning on craigslist. Hope it's still there when I have time to pick it up 2 days after Christmas. Hope it's not another scam too.

SDE
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone get new tools for Christmas? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I got a new 1/2 inch drill. Somone was standing next to me when I was complaining about the old one. Although I should just go buy a better chuck for the old one.
SDE

Aaron Halfmann
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone get new tools for Christmas? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Got a new CH die grinder.

oj
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone get new tools for Christmas? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

not sure yet.. not opened the pressies... but got my best friend a set of tape measures, welding gloves and a 48 ounce hammer... pretty sure they'll all get used at his place Smile

730 virgil
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone get new tools for Christmas? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mrs 730 got me a new Chicago Bears 16 foot tape measure is marked fractions of an inch 1/8 1/4 so on so forth. i wasn't going to use it until i looked at it.
it will go in my tool box in the truck.

don t. - 9n180179
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone get new tools for Christmas? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

None here, but I did get 2 new friends, last names of Franklin and Grant, who I think will help me decide.

Ho Ho Ho...don t. ....

RayP(MI)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone get new tools for Christmas? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hand held belt sander, set of air chucks/ inflator/needles, etc, double set of low pressure - high volume spray painters, portable jump-start battery... Came out pretty good.

Most of the stuff I got the wife passed inspection - except the blue jeans she wanted I got the right size - she lost weight, am scrabbling to find the receipt.

Greg K
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone get new tools for Christmas? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

yep. Wanted one of these for years.

CH(upstate,NY)
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone get new tools for Christmas? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Peavey. Wife's been looking for one since I dropped a 14 foot 24" diameter log on my big toe and crushed it.

fixerupper
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone get new tools for Christmas? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No tools for me cause I don't need any, but I gave the son an air hose reel for his shop. Got him a commercial grade one so it 'should'last awhile. Jim

Justin SE IOWA
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone get new tools for Christmas? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I got some new batteries for my drill and a 20" long 1/2 inch socket extension and a 10" miter saw

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone get new tools for Christmas? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My son is manager at a Lowes, so he likes finding me what he thinks I need. I got a new type of ratchet that works in tight quarters because it will work by twisting the grip as well as by pulling. Then I got a pair of two of those new type pliers that are supposed to grip a lot better than regular. I also got a 20V DeWalt cordless drill and 1/4 impact driver, in one case. I'll see if that impact driver is worth anything. I would be interested to hear where one of those has helped anybody out in a situation.

DownSouth
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone get new tools for Christmas? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wife went out yesterday and gathered up 20 or 25 assorted tools I left laying here there and yonder and put them in a box with my name on it. Hey, I actually like it as now I can put them up easier. I love that woman.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.