Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

JD 4020 rear axle wiring cover

View previous topic :: View next topic  
df
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: JD 4020 rear axle wiring cover Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Does anyone know the part # or if it is avail. the metal cover that bolt to the top of the rear axle housing to cover the wiring harness that runs to the fender lights?

430WLPG
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: JD 4020 rear axle wiring cover Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think I still have some NOS if interested

df
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: JD 4020 rear axle wiring cover Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes, I will need two them. One for each side. Thanks David.

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:06 am    Post subject: Re: JD 4020 rear axle wiring cover Reply to specific post Reply with quote

430WLPG wrote:
(quoted from post at 14:58:28 12/26/12) I think I still have some NOS if interested

Do you know the part #? I tried to locate them in PC to no avail.Thanks,Jim

JD Seller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: JD 4020 rear axle wiring cover Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The cover part number is R34046 and lists for $38.26 each.

JD Seller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: JD 4020 rear axle wiring cover Reply to specific post Reply with quote

TxJim: To find the number go to a JD 4020. Look at the fender light wiring. Then go to the parts list. The cover is not shown in the picture. It is in the list of parts that is listed under the fender wiring harness. You have the harness and then the clips. bolts, and covers listed under the same part number key as the harness.

Last edited by JD Seller on Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:45 am    Post subject: Re: JD 4020 rear axle wiring cover Reply to specific post Reply with quote

JD Seller
Thanks for the info. That's one of the elusive PN's that one needs to "GUESS" where it's located in the parts catalog. I tried to find the covers by every name I could think of to no avail. Thanks again,Jim

df
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: JD 4020 rear axle wiring cover Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks

tim s
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: JD 4020 rear axle wiring cover Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was thinking the same thing,,I was looking for them a couple of years ago,,never did find them,,Darn it,,I was sure that they must have been listed with Hen"s teeth...

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: JD 4020 rear axle wiring cover Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Actually in the 4020 PC SN<200,999 the covers are listed in 3 places.
40 - 21 - ELECTRICAL
40 - 23 - ELECTRICAL
40 - 25 - ELECTRICAL

JD Seller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: JD 4020 rear axle wiring cover Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tx Jim wrote:
(quoted from post at 12:45:08 12/30/12)
JD Seller
Thanks for the info. That's one of the elusive PN's that one needs to "GUESS" where it's located in the parts catalog. I tried to find the covers by every name I could think of to no avail. Thanks again,Jim

This is one of those things that I remembered from the old paper parts books. The new computer listing does not list them in any way that I know of. I just happened to remember that the covers where listed with the wiring harness itself. Many of the wiring covers, clips and holders are listed this way. It is the same way with some of the hydraulic line supports.

You want a fun thing to find. Look for the 200/900 series grain table sickle tilt adjusting bolts. They are not listed and are shown with the main platform frame not the floating sickle linkage. So you can find the floating linkage but not the bolt that goes through it. I needed a set of them last fall. A parts man and I looked for an hour. We finally found them by the parts specification listing by size. Then we looked backward to see where the Einsteins at JD had listed them.

tim s
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: JD 4020 rear axle wiring cover Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The parts manager for one of the local dealers started working for Deere when I did in 1974,and she is very good in parts,, several times she has called or mailed me trying to find some of those "near impossible" parts to find a while back it was a dip stick tube for some model,,there can be some tricky ones that is for sure...

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.