Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

gravity wagons

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DSV farms
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: gravity wagons Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looking at new 500+ bushel wagons. Does anybody have opinions on who is better? J&M, EZ trail, Brent, Killbros or others? Sure seems to be quite a price difference between some.

Gochargers
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: gravity wagons Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Worked at a grain handling facility for ten yrs (89 to 99). The best unloading wagon for my money was the DEMCO. The worst were Kilbros and the old Dakons

Dalet
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: gravity wagons Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would go with Brent or Killbros.
J&M third.
EZ trail last.

G1355
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: gravity wagons Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'd buy the Brent or j and m, wouldn't consider ez trail or killbros

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: gravity wagons Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Why Brent and not Killbros. when they are made in same factory?

dboll

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: gravity wagons Reply to specific post Reply with quote

most newer boxes are sloped enough to unload ok but there's a difference in running gears, compare a 13T J&M to Demco or a 14T Westendorf, the J&M is made heavier, Brent's had a reinforcement retro as of last summer on some of their gears, make sure it is the new design or has had one installed

Bob Bancroft
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: gravity wagons Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a fairly new Unverferth 300 bu. box and gear which I am pleased with. The workmanship appears better than a similar sized Killbros.

flying belgian
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: gravity wagons Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Can't speak for the others but I have a 640 Brent and just love it.

IaGary

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:56 am    Post subject: Re: gravity wagons Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't believe that Kilbros and Brent are the same factory.

Brent and Untherverth(sp)are, but not Kilbros.

Kilbros would be my third choice after the Brent and Untherverft.

You will pay more for the Brent though.

Gary

IaGary

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:58 am    Post subject: Re: gravity wagons Reply to specific post Reply with quote

After a little internet research you may be right leroy.

Gary

USAonly

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: gravity wagons Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Before we got our semis we had Brent 640's--BEST wagons ever--we had two hooked together and could take 1200 bu. to town in one trip. With the surge brakes you felt safe going down a hill.I bought them from our Deere dealer but went right to the Brent factory in Shellrock Ia. and picked them up---Bought them back then for $6700 apiece and sold them 5 years later for $8500!

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: gravity wagons Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Those 3 are made within 30 mile of me.

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: gravity wagons Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Killbros. started in Delphos, Ohio in about 1954 and we got our first in 1955 and in the later years they added the Brent line that I think is named after one of the owners. They may now have other plants as well. The plant is located on the southwest corner of town. The Unverferth line is made at Klida, Ohio just a few miles north of Killbros. It was started as McCurdy in Ada, Ohio building elevators and later they added the wagon beds. Then McCurdy was bought out by the Unverferth family and moved to Klida with there other operations.

G1355
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: gravity wagons Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The Parker is made by uneverfth to but the Brent is the best one in my opinion, but its also the most expensive, but the j and m is a very good wagon to.

James22

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: gravity wagons Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Brent or J&M are the best but real expensive. The best value is Demco but it isn't going to take as much abuse. I've been looking for a few years and haven't yet jumped. We don't haul very far and tend to be a little more careful so current thinking is a Demco. I've seen nearly new, but still used Brent 640's advertised for around $15K, unreasonably expensive for my tastes.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.