Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TimS,JDSeller, and others looking for a chassis

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnDeereJimOhio
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: TimS,JDSeller, and others looking for a chassis Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They are starting a new pulling class around locally and I'm in search of a 4010/4020 chassis all I need are the rear end bell housing, frame rails and sheet metal... If u know of any set ups like this sitting around for sale please let me know again just a stripped chassis with sheet metal

Cowman74
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: TimS,JDSeller, and others looking for a chassis Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 4040 setup like you are looking for. It's all stock no mod's. Call 814-599-5908 if you are interested.

JDBert
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: TimS,JDSeller, and others looking for a chassis Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Can I get some details on the class from you? I have a 4010 chassis that I'm planning on stripping down as far as possible and putting a 466 in just for playing around.
Would like to see though if the class would interest some of the pulls around here in MN/Ia/SD

JohnDeereJimOhio
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: TimS,JDSeller, and others looking for a chassis Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We have a division 5 class around here wich is a good class
and a lot of good tractors but its pricey to pull in.. The new
class that is starting is basically a knock down of it to make it
cheaper and get more people involved its a 480ci limit and all
parts have to be of a factory tractor so basically cuts down
price of building a motor so basically u would run a 466 and
bore / stroke to get to the 479 mark and find pistons from any
brand tractor that fit it.. No billet parts .. They are just getting it
started and from what I"ve heard there"s already 5 guys
building tractors an I"m sure many more..... Should be a good
class I would think instead of spending 30/50 k on div 5 u
could build for new class from 10-20k.. Do u wanna sell that
4010 or know of any more in that shape?

FactoryFarmer
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: TimS,JDSeller, and others looking for a chassis Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jim, that kinda funny, they are starting a new class here as well somewhat similar to what you are describing. I don't know if I really want to go much further on my G after finding out.

What are the turbo and rpm limits?

JohnDeereJimOhio
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: TimS,JDSeller, and others looking for a chassis Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ya kind of at a stame point with my g as well not going into
motor anymore changed some stuff to lighten it up and going
to re-paint it for this year but that's it.. Saw the post about your
flat back and that makes more sense now.. Got the one from
k&k on today.. I think a 3x3 charger and open rpms the guys
that are starting it are div 5 guys that are tired of spending the
money I guess.. Idk I'm very interested in the class I think it
would be relatively cheap and fun.. I think if it kicks off this
year by next year a lot more people will be building tractors..
The div 5 around here used to be a lot cheaper to build but
they keep changing rules and making it a lot bigger its almost
like a small super farm class now..

FactoryFarmer
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: TimS,JDSeller, and others looking for a chassis Reply to specific post Reply with quote

3x3 with open rpm's? Damn, that sounds like a lot of fun! The new one here is either 2.5 or 2.8, A pump and 3000 rpm. A guy really has a lot of room to work with and you don't have to spend a lot of money. I think I could put less money in something to run in this class vs. building my g bigger. Not to mention have a lot more fun.

The same thing happened around here that your talking about. 4-5 years ago there was alot more tractors in the pro-farm class. Now the class is full of big dollar tractors and there's not many of them. Since the "stock" classes are so full of hot tractors they decided to just put hem all together in their own class.

JohnDeereJimOhio
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:08 am    Post subject: Re: TimS,JDSeller, and others looking for a chassis Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Keep am eye out for a 4010/4020 chassis for me I'm sure
there r more out your way then back here

JohnDeereJimOhio
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:08 am    Post subject: Re: TimS,JDSeller, and others looking for a chassis Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Keep am eye out for a 4010/4020 chassis for me I'm sure
there r more out your way then back here

FactoryFarmer
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: TimS,JDSeller, and others looking for a chassis Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'll keep my eyes open Jim.

I swear I just ran across a running 4020 gas on Craigslist for around 3-4k. Also, go to PULLOFF.com and look around in the for sale section. Last time I looked there was a lot of complete, cheap tractors.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.