Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The furrows is here!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony in Mass.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: The furrows is here! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

An F40 on the cover was shocking! Half the issue was pictures of F40's!! Then I was shocked again to find there are atleast 4 more F40's on the emerald isle???
So now I feel bad. I told Clodagh McKenna the fellow that puts tractor parts in cooking ovens was the only guy to own one... now the poor girl will have to interogate several F 40 owners till see finds Sam... all my fault...

Richard L
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: The furrows is here! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

TONY actually almost two F 40s on the front cover.

Tony in Mass.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: The furrows is here! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey Richard, I was checking out some 'potentially fergie' stuff today, and the guy said he had a high crop MF65 AND F40 in a tobacco barn.... both in original condition.... I was in no hurry to go home... but he never let me in the barn... was he just teasing me? Then my feet were getting cold, so I gave up. But I'll be back!!!

samn40
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:21 am    Post subject: Re: The furrows is here! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tony, 12 F-40s that I know of in the British Isles, only 2 at my place!
Sam

Richard L
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:08 am    Post subject: Re: The furrows is here! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would bet you didn't ask him to see them did you? Shucks if you would have asked I would bet he would let you see them then you could have gotten your feet warmed up. Next time you go looking you should put shoes or boots on. LOL

miner09
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: The furrows is here! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tony Are the 40's rare up North? They were common in Tx. I have 5. Have a neighbor that still use's his and won't sell(original).There is a HC about 50 miles from me for sale for $2200, looks good and has original paint.On craigs list for East Texas. There come up on Craigs list often. I know of two across river in Oklahoma for sale.

MJ in the UK

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: The furrows is here! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Sam and a happy new year Is the F40 at Gamston near Retford Nottinghamshire on your list. I think you took a photo of it at the Newark tractor show. MJ

Tony in Mass.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: The furrows is here! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think he doesn't sell stuff often, and really just doesn't want to show his 'valuable items' to strangers... I can dig that.... but.... next time I go there, I will bring a bottle of good scotch, in Christmas wrapping paper..then I bet he'll show me the goodies!
He doesn't know what he wants to keep, sell, how much... but when my barn burnt down with all my goodies in it, I wished I had sold all of it for peanuts before then! cause that's what the insurance company gave me for it...

Tony in Mass.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: The furrows is here! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I used to think so Mikey, until a year ago, I only knew of 2, one not for sale at any price near Hartford Conn, other in Catskills area for 5 grand, rotten tires sunk in the ground and no tranny fill cap since the last millenium. So I bought the third I ever heard of, thanks to Richard L and his Craigslist search engine!
Since then, Dan P knows of 2 or 3, one of those for sale near him, a couple on Albany NY area Craigslist this year, and a couple in Vermont- does VT parts have them? But until I took one home... they didn't exist... another Murphy law thing I guess.
Tell ya, I am not impressed with the steering on mine, I can see how narrow or single wheel would be ok but mine needs a heavy implement in back, or hire a couple illegals ???

samn40
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: The furrows is here! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes MJ, I counted that one in....give me a call if you want more for next years show....email open.
Sam

samn40
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: The furrows is here! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Got my copy of Furrows today...guess the postmen got no holidays?
Nice to see our wee country represented in the wider Ferguson World, After all if it wasn't for us?????????
Sam

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Harry Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.