Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Disc prices in your area?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fullers Farmalls
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Disc prices in your area? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Im looking for an older disc in half decent shape. IH preferred and around 8-10 feet wide. I can't find one for under $2000. This is in SW PA. Anyone else see them this high? Im thinking of driving to the midwest just to get a good deal.

Tim(nj)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Disc prices in your area? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The farther east you go the higher they are.

1031D
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Disc prices in your area? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Out here they're a roller coaster too, all of the ones I looked at last year were beat to heck and over priced!

RodinNS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: Disc prices in your area? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That seems high by twice....
Can you find one that IS beat to a snot, needs blades and bearings.... and rebuild it? If I had to have 2Kin a disc I'd sooner buy a 500 buck one and put 1500 into it along with a day's work. Just MAKE SURE the IH 39 has a good frame if you're going to do that.
Transporting one is also not a lot of fun. Most of those old things had pretty sloppy hitches that don't want to tow at more than 10 mph. You can chain the tounge tight to the frame corner... but still need to be carefull. Freighting is a pain because they're overwidth... Best to buy local if possible.

Rod

GordoSD
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: Disc prices in your area? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 14 ft JD tandem I bought 10 years ago at auction for 550. An another 14 ft, an Allis I bought from a neighbor for 200. He said he wanted 100 when I asked him if he would sell it to me. I said I wouldn't pay 100. He asked what would you pay, and I gave him the 200. It's worth more than that!

M Nut
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: Disc prices in your area? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've seen quite a few 10ft sell for around $500. An 8ft with transport will often bring closer to $1,000 as a lot of the suburban farmers want those to pull with their compact utility tractors. These prices are in MN.

Mike (WA)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Disc prices in your area? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've got a nice 10' JD w/ hydraulic lift that I'd love to sell for 1,000, but you're 3000 miles away, so that's probably not going to happen.

If you do find one, most are less than 8 feet front to back, so you can take the tongue off and haul it crossways on a flatbed truck or trailer.

charlie n
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Disc prices in your area? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I got $500 for a Burch 7' 3 point last February and it was beyond worn out.

Deere Scotty
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Disc prices in your area? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

IH is considered one of the best. Better be prepared to generally pay more money.

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:07 am    Post subject: Re: Disc prices in your area? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

An adjustable angle IHC sells for twice what a non adjustable JD will sell for

randy hall
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Disc prices in your area? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i have a ih wheel disc in ohio that i would take $500 for. the blades are worn quite a bit but the rest is ok.

Last edited by randy hall on Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Paul swpa
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Disc prices in your area? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Fuller, I'm in Westmoreland county (Pa), a neighbor had a disc for sale a while ago with no takers. I could check with him for you, see if he still has it and what make it is. I don't remember for sure, but he has been using a J.D. disc lately - seems to do a decent job.

Him and his son used to go to the auctions at London and Rodgers, OH a good bit getting a few pieces of equipment for others or to fix up and sell.

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: Disc prices in your area? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There's a 12' in the YT photo ads that's cheap enough @ $250. 765-427-3441

Fuller Farmalls
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:19 am    Post subject: Re: Disc prices in your area? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm in Westmoreland county too. If you wouldn't mind checking with him to see what he wants for it.

MF Poor
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:10 am    Post subject: Re: Disc prices in your area? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I found a VERY nice IH #350 10'er a couple weeks ago for $650. It's a relatively light disc, but they do a nice job.

Disc's don't bring much here anymore. No till has devalued just about every tillage tool.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.