Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Coats 1001 Balancer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazy WP
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Coats 1001 Balancer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I put new tires on the ranch pickup tonight, and had a terrible time trying to get them balanced. Took a dozen tries on the last one, and got it with in an oz. I have used this thing before, and fought with it some, but NEVER like tonight. Am I missing something? I just use it for the ranch work, but have balanced a couple dozen sets of tires this year.

Jthomas1970
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Coats 1001 Balancer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sounds like your machine needs to be calibrated. There is a whole procedure in the owners manual. If you don"t have one, you can get it on Coats web site.

Hobo,NC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Coats 1001 Balancer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Lazy WP wrote:
(quoted from post at 05:59:52 12/28/12) I put new tires on the ranch pickup tonight, and had a terrible time trying to get them balanced. Took a dozen tries on the last one, and got it with in an oz. I have used this thing before, and fought with it some, but NEVER like tonight. Am I missing something? I just use it for the ranch work, but have balanced a couple dozen sets of tires this year.

You may not have the correct adapter for for rim... I have ran into that some use the center and some need a adapter that uses the lug bolt pattern (like my 77 ford F350)...

Last edited by Hobo,NC on Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
RGMartin
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: Coats 1001 Balancer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Could be rust and crud built up in the sensors. there is ball bearing and a spring in there, seems to happen when it is used infrequently. Some compressed air and penetrating oil worked wonders. I went through with my own machine (950A???).

Mine currently doesn't show anything on the display. Probably cost more to get fixed than it is worth to me.

Last edited by RGMartin on Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Lazy WP
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Coats 1001 Balancer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks guys!!

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.