Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MF 20 Ind Serial Number/Year

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samuels68
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: MF 20 Ind Serial Number/Year Reply to specific post Reply with quote

First, thanks to all who viewed my last post, and especially to Chuck for his help in finding a wiring diagram for me.
I recently took posession of my grandpa's MF Industrial 20 loader tractor with the hopes of bringing the old girl back to life. The last couple of years have been hard on her parked behind the barn in the weeds, but she will run again, hopefully soon.
From what I am told, the Ind 20 was basically a 135 with a heavy duty loader and funny paint color, but any more info that you folks might be able to share would be greatly appreciated as well.
My question this evening is about the serial number. The serial number plate reads 9A 94346, and I was wondering if anyone could help identify what year this machine would have been manufactured.
Just a side note, it is good to see so many out there with a love for red paint, especially for a guy just 20 miles from JD world headquarters!! Take care and Thanks again!

Stick welding

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: MF 20 Ind Serial Number/Year Reply to specific post Reply with quote

All tractors with 9A prefixes use the same serial
numbers. Look up a 135, 165, etc. and the serial
number should match to the year. The casting date of
the engine is probably on the bottom of the oil pan
as well.

Tony in Mass.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: MF 20 Ind Serial Number/Year Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There should be a 'sticky' on this subject.
The blue column on the left
under 'Research and Info'
Serial numbers
Massey Ferguson
135, 150, 165
Yours falls into 1970

Samuels68
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: MF 20 Ind Serial Number/Year Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Great, thanks for the help. I had looked under 135, and under 165, but none of the numbers were 9A. Now I see there is a section 135, 165, etc. all as one group. Guess it just takes someone smarter than me to point stuff out!!
Thanks guys!

Jess

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Massey Harris & Massey Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.