Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oliver Super 55 Diesel

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Larry Cecil
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Oliver Super 55 Diesel Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Getting ready to restore my Super 55. What year is it Serial # is 16 276-518. I know 1954 and 1955 had green rims and I think 1956 and 1957 had red rims. Could someone verify this? Thanks so much for your help.
Larry

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver Super 55 Diesel Reply to specific post Reply with quote

57 and 58 had red rims. They were what came to be called the Improved Supers.

Tramway Guy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver Super 55 Diesel Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It is a 1955, according to the serial number list on this website....

Dick W.
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver Super 55 Diesel Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I hope you can find the right green for your super 55. The green on the three digit tractors isn't right for the supers. The paint codes seem to change every few years so that if you buy the same paint number several years apart you don't get the same color. HTH. I painted the wheels on my super 55 diesel red because I like them that way better. This picture is from when my Dad was on it the last time, July 4, 2008. He bought it new in May 1955.

Larry Cecil
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver Super 55 Diesel Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks, I still debating if I want to go with the red. The red really pulls it out but still want it original too.

Larry Cecil
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver Super 55 Diesel Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank You

Larry Cecil
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver Super 55 Diesel Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I like the red, it really hits you.
Thank You
Larry

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:56 am    Post subject: Re: Oliver Super 55 Diesel Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's one where I don't think the correct police would have you arrested. I never did like those green wheels. I don't think I'm alone on that.

Larry Cecil
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Oliver Super 55 Diesel Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice. My wife said to keep it original but my sons think like me the red makes it pop so I'm leaning that way myself. My one son designs the Cummins Engines in Ind. and he has went through the engine and tranmission and put new seals in them. I hope it turns out like some I've seen will need plenty of help though.
Larry

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Oliver Super 55 Diesel Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've got a lot of body work to do on one too. This is the 1957 model that I bought in August. Somebody tried to make that one look like a 550.

Larry Cecil
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: Oliver Super 55 Diesel Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Paint can fix that, body looks to be in good shape too.

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: Oliver Super 55 Diesel Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ya,the hood has a few minor wrinkles. The wife got me a set of body working tools for Christmas so I can try to make it smooth before I paint it.

Thompson Mike
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: Oliver Super 55 Diesel Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have numbers for Dupont Imron paint numbers if you want them. Single stage paint that is tough but costly. If you want them I will find them. Do not use the paint numbers for martin senour that are out there it comes from napa . There was a warning put out by Lyle Dumont a few years ago but I got it about two weeks too late. Now I have an almost mint green 550. Not happy.

Larry Cecil
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: Oliver Super 55 Diesel Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sure Mike that would be great if not to much trouble. Thanks for the help need plenty of that.
Larry

Larry Cecil
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: Oliver Super 55 Diesel Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Got some too afraid I'm going to hit it wrong though. My son said Dad we will put a light filler on it and then wet sand the devil out of it. He's a perfectionist like me.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Oliver, Cletrac, Coop and Cockshutt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.