Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Undercoat for trailer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve-Maine
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Undercoat for trailer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just ordered an enclosed car hauler. What is a good undercaot spray can to do the underneath of trailer?? It has both plywood and steel. Thanks

Puddles
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Undercoat for trailer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Have you thought about Line-X?
I built a gooseneck adapter for my flatbed trailer. I was quoted over $2,000.00 to powder coat, paid $1,100.00 to have it Line-Xed.

http://www.linex.com/pages/2010/commercial_industrial/

D7fever
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Undercoat for trailer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Check out "Fluid Film " Has lanolin in it, doesn't wash off, doesn't dry out. have to re apply annually . Just did my vehicles with it. This stuff they put on the roads now, just eats up vehicles.

JOB
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:12 am    Post subject: Re: Undercoat for trailer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Puddles, do you spray it on with a regular spray
gun? Is the finish smooth like an automotive finish
or is there a texture to it. That product looks like
some really good stuff. I have a trailer that I
would like to put back on the road but I need to do
some repairs to it first and that paint would look good on it.

Puddles
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:36 am    Post subject: Re: Undercoat for trailer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

JOB I had it done at the local Line-X place. You can get different colors, and for more money you can get Kevlar added for more strength. Yes there is a texture to it.

http://arizonaline-x.com/kevlar.html

d beatty

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: Undercoat for trailer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That looks a lot like a coating that Rustoleum calls a hammer finish.

Puddles
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:02 am    Post subject: Re: Undercoat for trailer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes it does, maybe even a little rougher.

d beatty

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: Undercoat for trailer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Their finish would most likely hold up better Rustoleum because they know what is totally need to make it stick properly.

Puddles
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:21 am    Post subject: Re: Undercoat for trailer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I can't remember how many years ago I built that! It sticks out of my equipment shed, but I keep a tarp over it. It's not quite as shiny as when new, maybe because of all the moss that grows on it from lack of use! Laughing

JOB
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Undercoat for trailer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Puddles

Mel in SW Iowa
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Undercoat for trailer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A couple of years ago I read online that a lot of people in Canada spray 15W40 engine oil for undercoating. They said that it wasn't legal to spray used engine oil because of the heavy metals. It won't look as nice as Puddles' project flatbed, but a half gallon of Rotella isn't quite as expensive.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.