Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

202 engine teardown

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony in Mass.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: 202 engine teardown Reply to specific post Reply with quote

#4, that had the valve rotor cap stuck in the pushrod hole? had a spun bearing. One on top of the other. All the other bearings looked good for their age. This poor thing never had an oil change never mind an earlier rebuild.
I was happy it snowed yesterday, 10 governor ball bearings fell out and tried to roll away, but they got stuck in the snow, saving me crawling around the yard.
On top of the clutch fingers being worn to nothing, the pilot bearing was in pieces, the pressure plate and even flywheel are worn deep, about 15 thou. This poor tractor had to be embarrassing to run, the noise must have been deafening. I don't know how it got into gears?
The block looks fine, guess the crank will need to be ground, but I intend to put this engine on the back of the MF35, putting the 23C on this industrial 'arsend'.... as Harry might call it???

Inno
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: 202 engine teardown Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It never ceases to amaze me what some people will keep running long past it's prime with little maintenance. Ok, so I sort of fit into that category......my 202 isn't pretty but it does run well.........and it's had at least one oil change since I took it over.

matt p
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: 202 engine teardown Reply to specific post Reply with quote

yours was in better shape then mine,my crankshaft was broken in half. just completed my z134 rebuild. is there anyway you could send me a picture of the govener spring link and spring as my tractor was missing these pieces and you took good pictures of your tear down.

Richard L
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: 202 engine teardown Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tony, don't worry about oil changes it is a Fergy built to last. LOL

Tony in Mass.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: 202 engine teardown Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Matt, I just cleaned it an hour ago, I'll take a pic when I go back out there.
Richard, have I got a deal for you!! A factory oil filter, from 1958.... only used once! A great addition to your growing collection!

Gov35
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 202 engine teardown Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tony,
I just checked FENA's membership and your membership expires 28-Feb-13. I tried to email you with the email address on your membership but bounced back. Also would you know of anyone I can contact at the U MA about the U MA barcode # on the tractor to see if they have any info? I have tried the physical plant, but no luck. How are you able to work outside in the winter? We have -10 F windchill here in WI
Also incase you do not look at the original post, I did not loose any tractors in the fire, just Ferguson implements.

Tony in Mass.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: 202 engine teardown Reply to specific post Reply with quote

matt p wrote:
(quoted from post at 22:22:13 12/29/12) yours was in better shape then mine,my crankshaft was broken in half. just completed my z134 rebuild. is there anyway you could send me a picture of the govener spring link and spring as my tractor was missing these pieces and you took good pictures of your tear down.

I think this is the part your are talking about Matt? Not much to it.

Dan S (NY)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: 202 engine teardown Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tony, does the Standard Diesel have a two stage clutch? If so, it looks like you have a single stage clutch and flywheel in the 202, so you are going to need a two stage flywheel and clutch assembly for the Z134 if you are going to put the Continental on the rear end of the Standard. The parts book shows they are different flywheels.
That doesn't look like much fun working in the snow. I think I would be waiting for spring if I had to do that unless it was for emergency repairs.

Dan

matt p
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: 202 engine teardown Reply to specific post Reply with quote

tony thanks for the pictures, could I get a picture of small linkage and spring that goes from the waterpump housing to the throttle rod it hooks to the piece that has u bolt

Inno
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: 202 engine teardown Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's the compensating spring. John UK has a good picture of that with dimensions for the bracket if yours is missing and you have to make one.
I could get a picture of mine if necessary although it is already installed back on the tractor.

Tony in Mass.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: 202 engine teardown Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yeah, that part was already missing on this engine, can't see it on the 2135 with all the junk in the way, and the rest are buttoned up for the season.... hopefully a short season, had enough of this 'Christmas spirt snow' it can stop now....

Vtparts

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:05 am    Post subject: Re: 202 engine teardown Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have the governor link and spring for sale on eBay.

matt p
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: 202 engine teardown Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thanks guys; happy new year' I will try to get a hold of john. cheers mattp alberta canada

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Harry Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.