Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rant I will not do that again

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Larry O
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:01 am    Post subject: Rant I will not do that again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I not do that again, I had found a new to me top for my through the hood oil bath air cleaner for the 2N and when I got it was a little rusty and flaking, but not bad for its age. Short story I decided it would be better sandblasted than me wire brushing it so I sent it out. Got it back yesterday late after a little over a week and $50.00 jest a little steep in my book. Plus I could have bought a cheap blasting cabinet done it myself and had a cabinet for later. I guess jest my rant for the end of the year .
Happy new year everyone
Larry O

JMOR
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: Rant I will not do that again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Larry O wrote:
(quoted from post at 10:01:54 12/29/12) I not do that again, I had found a new to me top for my through the hood oil bath air cleaner for the 2N and when I got it was a little rusty and flaking, but not bad for its age. Short story I decided it would be better sandblasted than me wire brushing it so I sent it out. Got it back yesterday late after a little over a week and $50.00 jest a little steep in my book. Plus I could have bought a cheap blasting cabinet done it myself and had a cabinet for later. I guess jest my rant for the end of the year .
Happy new year everyone
Larry O
I ask for price up front....avoids surprises & more likely than not a lower price. Not always possible on complex items for a man to quote an up front price, but a sandblasting should have been a no brainer quote for him.

GB in MT.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: Rant I will not do that again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

JMOR wrote:
(quoted from post at 08:26:15 12/29/12)
Larry O wrote:
(quoted from post at 10:01:54 12/29/12) I not do that again, I had found a new to me top for my through the hood oil bath air cleaner for the 2N and when I got it was a little rusty and flaking, but not bad for its age. Short story I decided it would be better sandblasted than me wire brushing it so I sent it out. Got it back yesterday late after a little over a week and $50.00 jest a little steep in my book. Plus I could have bought a cheap blasting cabinet done it myself and had a cabinet for later. I guess jest my rant for the end of the year .
Happy new year everyone
Larry O
I ask for price up front....avoids surprises & more likely than not a lower price. Not always possible on complex items for a man to quote an up front price, but a sandblasting should have been a no brainer quote for him.

Larry;
ALWAYS, ask for the price up front, on small jobs like that!!!
That's about a 30 min. blasting job......(While You Wait)!!!!!
Took me 10 mins to set up the blasting kettle...15 mins to blast this cap, .....then spray it with Wrought Iron flat black primer!!!
This one is my 2N, but I have done a few local caps and other small peices for guys, and NEVER have charged more than $20.00 for that kind of job, and like I said.....that is a (while you wait) job.!!!!!!

ONE fault with my price is.......: Ya HAFTA, bring it all the way to MT, to get that price. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Lessons, that we learn!!!! Twisted Evil

Gary Sad

Ed S. (IL)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: Rant I will not do that again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

An electrolysis tank would be another optionů Less than $15 in materials (presuming you already have a battery charger), but takes a little longer than blasting.

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Rant I will not do that again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i'd 2nd that rec for electrolysis. it's awesome!

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.