Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Difference between 6XX and 8XX dash

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RBnSC
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:13 am    Post subject: Difference between 6XX and 8XX dash Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Where is the difference. Need another, need to know what to look for. Thanks.
Ron

kly
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: Difference between 6XX and 8XX dash Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think the dash was the same as long as the last digit in the model number is the same.

The 640,650,660,840,850,860 had amp meters and the 641,651,661, 841,851,861 had a fuel gauge in the hole for the amp meter and had a red light for the charging system.

John Smith8N
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Difference between 6XX and 8XX dash Reply to specific post Reply with quote

RBnSC wrote:
(quoted from post at 16:13:28 12/29/12) Where is the difference. Need another, need to know what to look for. Thanks.
Ron

The 800 series has the steering column hole further back than the 600 series. Idiot lights were added to the x01 dash panels.

RBnSC
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Difference between 6XX and 8XX dash Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is what I was questioning Was the physical dimensions. Make sense that the hole would be further back as the hood sits higher. I wonder if anyone has a picture of the two together.
Ron

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Difference between 6XX and 8XX dash Reply to specific post Reply with quote

it's nothing a hole saw won't fix though.. :)

with all the naa/00/01/000 I have.. I've had to fit plenty of mismatched sheet metal..the margin isn't much.. but ont he 8xx+ the hole is right at the lip almost.. with the 6xx there is a lil web on the dash.

John Smith8N
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Difference between 6XX and 8XX dash Reply to specific post Reply with quote

801 and NAA-600.

RBnSC
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Difference between 6XX and 8XX dash Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The PO of my 850 took tin snips and cut out all the way to the edge so you don't have to take off the steering wheel. Just need to look through my extra parts. The one on the tractor we are working is rougher than I realized.
Ron

RBnSC
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Difference between 6XX and 8XX dash Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks very much. I can see it now.
Ron

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Difference between 6XX and 8XX dash Reply to specific post Reply with quote

if you don't find examples of both, email me after the holiday.. I'm sure i have a few dashes in my stash i can photo..

Greg1959
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Difference between 6XX and 8XX dash Reply to specific post Reply with quote

RBnSC wrote:
(quoted from post at 16:13:28 12/29/12) Where is the difference. Need another, need to know what to look for. Thanks.
Ron

RBnSC-Kind of off topic a little bit. Here is a pic of my 860 dash. I did not like the center light to try to illuminate my dials so I enlarged that hole for a fuel gauge. Plus, I wanted a better idea of what my water temperature was besides red or green, wanted to know what my oil pressure was (figured 0-60 would give me a better reading instead of 0-120), as for Amps I wanted to see a better scale than+ or -. Finally, I wanted to know my fuel level and not have to get off the tractor and open the hood and remove gas cap to look in. I could have bought a gas cap with fuel gauge but I didn't even want to open hood to have to check that when all I would have to do is glance down and check the gauge and continue working. Now all my gauges are lighted.

As for the two rust holes on each side of the tach...I have switches that are planned to mount in them for auxiliary front and back lights.

It's a work tractor and not a restoration.

Last edited by Greg1959 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.