Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A4T-1600 glass

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daled2
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: A4T-1600 glass Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me whether the rear window and the 2 side opening vent windows were factory original glass or plexiglass. Any pics in brochures aren't clear enough to tell but I've got to believe it was tempered (drilled)glass.

Anyone have a source for these windows-I found some from a 4-150 white (same cab) but these windows have steel frames not just the drilled "glass". Could likely make it work but would be nice if it was original like on the A4T. Any help sure appreciated.

eric berglund
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: A4T-1600 glass Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had a replacement window cut from stock flat safety glass for minimal cost. Then instead of risky drilling holes in glass I simply applied strong adhesive to the glass/mounting surface.
That was 15 years ago. No problems.

molinegb
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:50 am    Post subject: Re: A4T-1600 glass Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What kind of adhesive did you use? I put new side windows in my 2270/G1355 but never could get latches to hold properly.

eric berglund
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: A4T-1600 glass Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Used a silicone that was blue in color. Can't remember its name. It had no vinegar type smell though.
Perhaps a glass shop that cuts glass could tell someone what could work.

Kevin Moschenrose
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: A4T-1600 glass Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What about the glue that sticks the rear view mirror mount to the windshield.

mm fan
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: A4T-1600 glass Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Windshield Adheisive, you can get it at your auto parts stroe or place that sells replacement windshields. That adhiesive is all that holds a windsheild in a car anymore.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Minneapolis Moline All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.