Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TO30

View previous topic :: View next topic  
homer long
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: TO30 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Can I mix 10W30 motor oil with GL-1 hydrualic oil to thin down some I done a complete clean and flush 2 yrs ago and oil is still nice and clean just to heavy would like to drain about a gallon or so out and refill with lighter weight to thin down and save the cost of complete refill What do you all think Homer

Jerry/MT
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: TO30 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Why do you want to "thin" the oil down?

Bruce(OR)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: TO30 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I bet he is looking for winter operation in the cooler temps. Doesn"t desire to refill 6 gallons.

homer long
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:02 am    Post subject: Re: TO30 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes thats correct Thank You

homer long
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: TO30 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thin down for cold weather operation so oil will warm up and flow faster

Jerry/MT
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: TO30 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just let the tractor run a while with the pto connected and it will warm up the fluid. That"s what I do and I live in Western Montana.

Are you going to want to thicken it when thew weather warns up?

phil(va)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: TO30 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

In a can mix a little of both and see if they mix throughly easily.

homer long
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: TO30 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

NO

Dick New York

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: TO30 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I replaced my oil , in the motor , and transmission , with Shell Rotella T 15 W 40 . This gives you a thinner oil , when cold , and a heavier oil when it is hot . My 52 TO 30 has approved of it for the past 3 years . Wally World is a good place to buy it .

Bruce(OR)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: TO30 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

In which case the Rotella might be a good way to go. Just trying to thin it down and save a buck is acceptable, but you might drain off some 90W mineral and mix it with 10-30 and see how much oil seperation there is when sittting for a day or two.
I might be tempted to drain the 90 and save it in a bucket or two, let the dirt settle out and run it again next summer. Just don"t pour the contamints back in as they will have settled to the bottom of the bucket.
Yeah, your out another 50 bucks or so. . .

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Harry Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.