Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Farmall M with MW Hand clutch

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mlansing7836
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject: Farmall M with MW Hand clutch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have an M that someone was restoring and never finished. It is stripped down to sandblast, but I think I am going to put her all back together and run it to see what it needs before painting it.

Where can i find info on the hand clutch? Where can I find a live hydralic pump? and maybe Power steering??

Matt

Janicholson
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: Farmall M with MW Hand clutch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Many on this site have the clutch on their tractors. Manuals for the clutch are reproducible. (I do not have one) the disks in the clutch are rare at this point, but can be relined and will be OK if the splines are good.
The clutches (according to some) are not quite as strong as needed if the tractor has had upgrades to power. But are very convenient for PTO operation allowing the PTO to continue working with the tractor stopped.
Three routs to take depending on your M date of production Late 50 or newer and earlier than that. Early options
Use an aftermarket M&W pump designed to be used on older Ms. Changing the gears in the front cover to Late M or SM gears is very desirable, some have had the gears strip, or keyways shear, from overloading a gear not designed to run the pump.
Type 2 is to use the front cover and gears from a late 51 or newer M SM SMTA. These have the heavier gears and the bolt spacing for the pump matches the spacing for IH pumps.
the third is to use a belt driven pump.
In all cases, a Belly pump with the guts taken out and a plate made for the resulting hole have been used for a reservoir. A spool valve setup is used to control the cylinders. JimN

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.