Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4000 remote hydraulics not working

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rwb-pec
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: 4000 remote hydraulics not working Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Can not get the loader to lift and the PTO will not stop turning no matter what position lever is in

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 4000 remote hydraulics not working Reply to specific post Reply with quote

How about you give us a little more to go on.
Is it a 3 of four cylinder 4000 and what tranny does it have.

rwb-pec
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 4000 remote hydraulics not working Reply to specific post Reply with quote

sorry,1965 3cyl,gas

rwb-pec
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: 4000 remote hydraulics not working Reply to specific post Reply with quote

4 speed with H/L

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 4000 remote hydraulics not working Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks,
First of all on the pto,
Read the thread about the 4400 pto that was just posted yesterday. It is the same as yours.
Second, I assume the loader is run off the onboard hydraulics using the remote valves to lift the loader or does it have a seperate front mounted pump run off the front of the crankshaft?
read this

rwb-pec
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: 4000 remote hydraulics not working Reply to specific post Reply with quote

on board hydraulics, but has it two levers just for the loader

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: 4000 remote hydraulics not working Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Two levers just for the loader?
You mean mounted on the loader itself?
If that is the case check to see if your remote handle - under the seat - didn't get kicked into the neutral position.

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: 4000 remote hydraulics not working Reply to specific post Reply with quote

as was said.. if the top cover remote feeds a loader spool.. check to see if the top cover valve is in position.. also.. if there are any QD's in the system.. reseat them

ghubert
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: 4000 remote hydraulics not working Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm having hydraulic problems on my 4600. I had a ford 4000 that caught on fire. I had a power beyond block running the Frontend loader. I removed the block replaced the o rings, and put the PB block on the 4600. I cand get the loader to go down but it will go up. and now my 3 point will not work it will only lift about 6 inches and stop. Does anybody have a diagram for the power beyond block?

rwb-pec
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: 4000 remote hydraulics not working Reply to specific post Reply with quote

what are thr QD's,The remote levers are mounted on the frame of the loader,I will check the lever under the seat next time I go down to farm.Every thing was fine when my dad parked it,but a week later he suddenly passed away, trying to get everything ready for Auction.Thanks for any help

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: 4000 remote hydraulics not working Reply to specific post Reply with quote

qd's are quick disconnects.. they can come partially unseated and block flow.

aside from the loader spool valves.. check for under seat valves too.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.