Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IL snow removal

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JT's RandR
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: IL snow removal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I know its not case but I thought you guys would enjoy seeing our small snow compared to the rest of your guys posts. We had about 4 inches of blowing snow when these were taken. Since then we have had about 3 more inches with a possiblity for another 2-8 tomorrow.

retired farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: IL snow removal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Maybe it's just me, but I always thought there might be a law against pushing snow from your driveway out onto a public roadway. Figured if somebody came along and had a wreck right there, they might possible could sue for hitting an obstruction in the road that came from your property.

nys

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:38 am    Post subject: Re: IL snow removal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've known people ticketed for pushing snow in the road or across and not cleaning it up good enough here in NY. This is small town farm area not suburb.

JW
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: IL snow removal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What part of IL. I'm in n.central and we might have got an inch if we're lucky. We need something to break our weather pattern so we can get some rain next spring.

m hawley
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:53 am    Post subject: Re: IL snow removal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Two cases are better than one.

jon f mn
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: IL snow removal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This is from last winter, but it's how I do it when I'm home.

B A Star
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: IL snow removal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Iowa has a law against pushing snow across a road.  Rural mail carriers are charged with reporting.  Have a friend in central Iowa that got fined for doing so.

JT's RandR
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: IL snow removal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

JW I'm from charleston IL and I we always make sure that the road is clean after we are done cleaning out the drive. I was just stalk pilling it at the end of the drive to keep from taking so many trips across the road and we always push it clear out of the way for the mail man. With the steep drive thats the only way we can push the snow to get rid of it because even the big tractor spins trying to push it up the drive.

Kevin B from Illinois
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: IL snow removal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice looking Internatal Cub Cadet and blade I had one like that nice rig nothing pushes better than them, you should post that on the IH site, happy and safe new year.

Doc Larry
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: IL snow removal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good to know I"m not the only one out there on a 400. I push my snow around into a few piles, then the wind blows it on out to South Dakota and Nebraska for me!

So I use a "natural blower". Smile

Ande
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: IL snow removal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice looking crew Mr Hawley.Hope to have 2 setup for next year

Dave I Love My H
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:07 am    Post subject: Re: IL snow removal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi guys; Happy New Year!
My son in law has a Case similar, if not exactly it, like the one on the left with the snow blower. I must say, what a well made, well designed piece of equipment it is!
Dave

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.