Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ot the pups came through

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kornfused
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: ot the pups came through Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Got a couple Quail today! The Golden Retriever is mine and the German Shorthair is my grandson's. They didn't want to hold still for the photo op!

tomturkey
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: ot the pups came through Reply to specific post Reply with quote

had a pretty good Eng Setter 40 yrs ago. Was excellent on singles once we busted up the covey. Not alot of quail or pheasants around like back then.NNothing better than watching your dog hunt. gobble---Ia

ShadetreeRet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: ot the pups came through Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Are those the bobwhite quail or another variety? Here in North Carolina bobwhites have just about died out in the past fifteen years or so. It has been at least five years since I have seen any at all around here. Number of factors involved, and the Dept. of Ag. is working with a bunch of farmers on the situation. Good looking dogs, Glad you had a fun day.

Kornfused
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: ot the pups came through Reply to specific post Reply with quote

bobwhite

Fergienewbee
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: ot the pups came through Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Love to hunt quail. I got invited to Oklahama by a guy I met through a dog training board. He turned out to be my closest friend, even though we were 800-miles-plus apart. He lost his battle with bone cancer the day after Thanksgiving. I really miss him. Nice looking dogs. I lean toward English setters myself, but a good dog is a good dog.

Larry

W_B
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: ot the pups came through Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ShadetreeRet wrote:
(quoted from post at 04:31:09 01/02/13) Are those the bobwhite quail or another variety? Here in North Carolina bobwhites have just about died out in the past fifteen years or so. It has been at least five years since I have seen any at all around here.

The quail used to be plentiful when I was a kid hunting in the early 70's (Central Ohio), the big freeze years of '76 to '78 killed them off and haven't seen them much since then. I've heard they are around in small numbers in some parts of the state, but haven't hunted in years so don't know all the current situation.

Nancy Howell
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: ot the pups came through Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The quail are gone from NE Tx, too. Ag folks say biggest reason is loss of habitat coupled with wild hogs and fire ants.

Miss hearing that bob-white call.

Mike (WA)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: ot the pups came through Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Lack of quail seems pretty universal. Used to be a lot of them when I was a kid, but haven't seen any in years, in western Washington. I think there are still some on the east side of the state.

Good lookin' dogs.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.