Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Identification of Ford backhoe

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ozgirlfarmer
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Identification of Ford backhoe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello, I am in Australia and a friend has a backhoe that we cant identify going by your codes/numbers. Is it a different system in Oz? His numbers are Prefix:4bks, Serial: A296097, Model code: KD114K, FPO: 107445. The farmer took all the good stuff and left all the broken down equipment, so the friend cant even mow the grass. He bought 125 acres. Hope someone can help or steer me in the right direction.

mhb@ufe
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:43 am    Post subject: Re: Identification of Ford backhoe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

KD1 = 420 Industrial
1 = Diesel vertical exhaust
4 = Independant 540 PTO
K = 6x4 manual transmission
They were built from 1975 - 1978

Mark

Ozgirlfarmer
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:15 am    Post subject: Re: Identification of Ford backhoe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Mark, can I push my luck and ask what workshop model is needed for this? The friend has trouble with the gears. Had some, then lost the lot. Will need a manual as I am sure there will be more probs in the future. Regards Ozgirl.

mhb@ufe
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Identification of Ford backhoe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't know of any aftermarket source for a service manual for that tractor. A New Holland dealer can get them but they are not cheap.

Mark

sixbales
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Identification of Ford backhoe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You can get an Operator"s Manual on ebay ($30-$40). This will provide instructions regarding operating and maintaining the tractor.

For service & repairs, you should be able to find a shop/service manual on the internet.

Ozgirlfarmer
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:31 am    Post subject: Re: Identification of Ford backhoe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hate to be a pain in the butt, but does anyone know what model it is? I thought it might have been the 4000 series. But I dont know much about tractors, not my field. Will try and have another look at it and see if we can find any more numbers, hope you will stick around to help our friend out.

mhb@ufe
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:45 am    Post subject: Re: Identification of Ford backhoe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

420 is the model of the tractor and it should have a medel 735 loader and a model 750 backhoe.

Mark

Ozgirlfarmer
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: Identification of Ford backhoe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you Mark, It is late Friday night and I can pass this info on Saturday to our friend. Mayby he might contact the forum and you to find out more, if you dont mind. Thanks for the help and I will keep in touch. Ozgirl

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.