Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Identifying the Master pin on my IH 100E

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cameron Lee
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:51 am    Post subject: Identifying the Master pin on my IH 100E Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The track adjuster seals went out on my right hand track. I am trying to find out which pin is the master pin. All the pins have a bump on them, therefore; making it hard for me to know which one is the master. Can someone please offer some insight.

DiyDave

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:46 am    Post subject: Re: Identifying the Master pin on my IH 100E Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If the track has been off before, look for hammer lick marks. Consult your manual, it might tell you what to look for, like a shorter pin, or different front edge profile on the inside of the pin. Also look for different bolts on the grouser plate, might give a clue!

Cameron Lee
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:54 am    Post subject: Re: Identifying the Master pin on my IH 100E Reply to specific post Reply with quote

unfortunatly i dont have a manual for it. we are the second owners but we have had it for atlease 15 years.

AJ.
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:17 am    Post subject: Re: Identifying the Master pin on my IH 100E Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you are sure that all the pins ends are the same it may have SALT chains fitted,with that type track you do not remove any pin,the track link splits by removing the four pad bolts from the joining link,look at all the chain links,if you find a solid one thats the joining link,remove the four pad bolts to split the track.
AJ

Cameron Lee
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:10 am    Post subject: Re: Identifying the Master pin on my IH 100E Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ok, thanks for all your help. i located the master pin. Now comes the task of knocking it out.. any hints? other thank penetrating oil, heat and a big hammer?

Dennis K (WA)
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: Identifying the Master pin on my IH 100E Reply to specific post Reply with quote

SAFETY GLASSES

nys

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:45 am    Post subject: Re: Identifying the Master pin on my IH 100E Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I made my own track press, a short piece of H- beam with a base welded on one end and wing with a piece of pipe on the other end for the pin to pass through, my 30 ton jack works laying down to provide the force. Also made a cap with a piece of shaft for the jack to push the pin. Sometimes heat is still needed. Some hydraulic jacks only work laying down if the pump is on the bottom. I think I was able to use this on the idler sliding the wing end between pads so didn't have to remove any pads. Good luck

HossinMe
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Identifying the Master pin on my IH 100E Reply to specific post Reply with quote

On m cat I took one pad off and cut the link into.When done weld back together.I also welded a small plate between each pin for a little xtr strength.Aint botherd in 3 yrs. Hoss

Cameron Lee
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:54 am    Post subject: Re: Identifying the Master pin on my IH 100E Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ok track is off i removed the adjuster. Now im trying to figure out which way the seals go... there were no seals left in the adjuster. I know the one is the final seal and it only goes one way but i dont know which way the "cone shapped" one goes

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Crawlers, Dozers, Loaders and Backhoes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.