Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nice thing about a cold day!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JayinNY
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Nice thing about a cold day! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wife and I made a soup, been on the wood stove all day simmering! Can't wait to finish afternoon chores and get back inside. We hit -4 this morning and it's 12 out right now. Chores take a little longer in the cold. Plus I think I move slower with all the winter clothes on! Lol.

The Red
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Nice thing about a cold day! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jay I can smell it here in Indy. Enjoy!

Al L. in Wisc.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Nice thing about a cold day! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

As you can see we all gave up..so, tell us what kind of soup?

JayinNY
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Nice thing about a cold day! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Lol, we made pasta e fagioli, house smells good, wife also
made home made bread!

dpendzic
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Nice thing about a cold day! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

had -3 degrees here in NW Ma. this morning--was a little slow on installing a new fuel filter on my IH snowplow dump--engine even turned over slower!!

Mike (WA)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Nice thing about a cold day! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tip for simmering stuff a long time, at least on an electric range: Cut 4 pieces of baling wire, and put them crossways on the burner when you're doing long-term simmering. I always burned everything until I started with the wires. It keeps the pot off the burner just far enough that it won't scorch.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Nice thing about a cold day! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'd tell you a story about a midnight watch in Holy Lock Scotland in January and all the stuff I had on. I had a 45 colt on my side and if I had needed to use it I do not think I could have pulled it out of the holster but at least I was warm LOL. By the way that watch was on the open top of a sub tied up in what they call a lock over there. Watched the snow fall on the mountain tops and well at the water level it was a nice very cold rain

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.