Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

bracket

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
s19438
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: bracket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

what implement was this bracket mated to ?
thanks.

Ken52M
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: bracket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My first guess: 6ao B20 Mower

s19438
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: bracket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

sickle bar ?

Jason S.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: bracket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The breakaway bar for the Ferguson AEO series sickle mower as well as the Dearborn 14-1 thru 14-15 series hooked into the ball.

Tony in Mass.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: bracket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jason! Are you familiar with those mowers? Now I have a bracket like that, it didn't seem to make sense on my FEO 20 mower, but then, nether do the TSC hangers I put on. I thought this was a swaybar bracket and other hanger jobs too.... gosh once those things get bolted on, it seems they stay for the long haul..

Jason S.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: bracket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes...too familiar with them. I have two 6-AEO-A20's which one of them I am restoring right now. I grew up using a Dearborn 14-15 mower. They are good mowers if you have 2 friends and half a day to hook it up...lol. I have never hooked the FEO mowers up but they look like they are just as bad, but on the bright side the FEO's don't have the vibration of the earlier mowers.

Jason S.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: bracket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jason S. wrote:
(quoted from post at 02:50:38 01/04/13) Yes...too familiar with them. I have two 6-AEO-A20's which one of them I am restoring right now. I grew up using a Dearborn 14-15 mower. They are good mowers if you have 2 friends and half a day to hook it up...lol. I have never hooked the FEO mowers up but they look like they are just as bad, but on the bright side the FEO's don't have the vibration of the earlier mowers.

That long rod that goes up behind the wheel is what hooks into it. It has a pin that sticks out and you slide it thru the ball and put a lynch pin in.You can see the bracket in the drawing.

s19438
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: bracket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i have one of those top links too but i could not remember anymore how it was used.

John(UK)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: bracket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The Top Link with the Rack is used to control the height of the main frame of the mower, you set it so that the PTO shaft is running level and adjust the rest of the mower with the chains and the spring. It is important how you set the inner shoe height compared to the outer shoe, it must be about 4" difference or the outer shoe will drag. The bracket under the rear axle is only a normal Stabilizer bracket on the mower in mower in the picture from Jason and not the one you have in your picture. The one you sent looks as though it is from another model of mower but I can't see which one, I had a quick look to see if I could trace it but no luck so far. Is there a number cast into this bracket?..John(UK)

s19438
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: bracket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

there is but i cannot read it.

Jason S.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: bracket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

John(UK) wrote:
(quoted from post at 16:42:43 01/04/13) The Top Link with the Rack is used to control the height of the main frame of the mower, you set it so that the PTO shaft is running level and adjust the rest of the mower with the chains and the spring. It is important how you set the inner shoe height compared to the outer shoe, it must be about 4" difference or the outer shoe will drag. The bracket under the rear axle is only a normal Stabilizer bracket on the mower in mower in the picture from Jason and not the one you have in your picture. The one you sent looks as though it is from another model of mower but I can't see which one, I had a quick look to see if I could trace it but no luck so far. Is there a number cast into this bracket?..John(UK)

It may not show it in the drawing but it is from the Ferguson book for that mower. Here is a pic of the bracket from Dearborn, it's the same bracket as the Ferguson and Dearborns part number was 141186

miner09
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: bracket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My book shows bracket only on right side on a Ferguson. Hope you can see picture OK.

Jason S.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: bracket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is right. The bracket with the ball is mounted on the right for the breakaway bar and it used a regular stabilizer bracket on the left. On both Ford and Ferguson.

John(UK)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:55 am    Post subject: Re: bracket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Jason, That bracket is not from the model of mower that was shown in the original post, that mower uses a standard stabilizer bracket. The bracket in your picture is for a different model and has more attachment points than necessary for this particular model. Sure it will fit but it isn't the original type. The only connection necessary on that bracket for the mower shown originally is the pin for the breakaway, which is the same that you would use for a stabilizer bar. It should be the opposite hand to the one shown as No.1 in your illustration.
I have attached the page from the mower parts list that shows the stabilizer brackets in the foreground and as you will see they are the standard brackets not the special one used on another model..John(UK)

Jason S.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: bracket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ok, there is something I don"t understand about this. The pics that miner posted are from the 6A-E0-B20 manual and it shows the bracket with the ball. The mowers I have are 6A-EO-A20 mowers and they are made for the bracket with the ball. The pic you posted looks like a the pic from the Dearborn 14-1 owners manual. It doesn"t show that bracket with the ball, but the dealer parts book for that mower does show the bracket with the ball as well it shows the bracket with the ball for all the later model Dearborn mowers. Was this an oversight on Dearborns part in their manual? Or did they make a change at some point and some very early ones did not use that bracket while the Ferguson mowers did?

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Harry Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.