Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M 5 plow day pictures

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
M 5 Jack
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: M 5 plow day pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just learning how too post pictures. M 5 at Danvers Ill. plow day,and after restoration. The guy hiding his head is a John Deere man. The plow is a 3-16 restored pipe plow I found in Beaver Dam Wisc.

OLD IH GUY
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: M 5 plow day pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

M 5 Jack, very nice photos and a great job on the tractor. looks like you are having a great time. bob

M 5 Jack
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: M 5 plow day pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Many thanks,She keeps a nice slick coat since I feed her a case 900 ever so often. The one from White Heath are mighty tasety.

M 5 Jack
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: M 5 plow day pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Many thanks,She keeps a nice slick coat since I feed her a case 900 ever so often. The one from White Heath are mighty tasety.

cleddy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: M 5 plow day pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I notice one front wheel seems to be on inside out and the other the right way. Is there a reason concerning plowing or are the rims mis-matched? I have a M602 and we had a set of rims that were recessed in which were fine on a wide front but are they implement rims or for the tractor? Also notice you have 3 wheel weights on each back wheel and weights on the front which seems excesive but I'm all for it if it gets more out of the tractor. I think I have fluid in my tires and duels and thats a pretty good match even though I always heard duels only help spread the weight out so the ground doesn't get packed. They seem to help on pulling also.Just got me thinking.cleddy

M 5 Jack
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: M 5 plow day pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The tractor was a well worn dairy farm ole gal.One hub or wheel was a little off and the front tires rub turned in.I don't like putting all the stain on one wheel when plowing.It has 10 rear wts and weighs 8600 lbs as she sits.The drawbars are low and do not give good traction,so I built mine up to 21 in.high to eliminate slippage.The front end is a little light with two front weights.That ground gets to over half the guys there.

c leddy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: M 5 plow day pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is a little odd you had that trouble with the front tire rubbing. We had that trouble with our narrow front which had basically been thrown away. First we found one of the stub axles had a little bend in it and thought that was the problem and it was not after it was replaced.Looking at the bearings real close we found out the inner and outer bearing appear to be the same but actually they are not on the narrow front. After getting the right inner bearing it solved the problem.Just something to check and darn learning stuff the hard way???
cleddy

G1355
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: M 5 plow day pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice pictures. Looks good,seems to be a lot of posts on m5s the last couple days, there's been some nice looking ones to.thanks for sharing

toolz
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: M 5 plow day pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

"Every so often", meaning not very! That old worn out 8000 hour 900 pulls FOUR bottoms! That sure is a wimpy thing you"re pulling!

oleclint
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: M 5 plow day pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Beautifull pictures of a beautifull M5. Looks like it just left the dealers show room . You look very happy driving your restored tractor.
Thank you for 'working ' tractor pictures. clint

Steve Fawks
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:36 am    Post subject: Re: M 5 plow day pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice! I need a plow.... ;(

M 5 Jack
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:56 am    Post subject: Re: M 5 plow day pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey Toolz glad to see I got your blood pumping. I have not done anything with front end wheels since we have a like new standard front end to put on the M5.I want it to match big sister in looks. Thanks to all !!

toolz
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: M 5 plow day pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jack- Needing a few Gvi parts, if you know of any junkers around. Also need a GTB front axle. Let me know if you run across anything. You gonna get to Gordyville?

M 5 Jack
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: M 5 plow day pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Only junker I know of is Gordy's grandson's,darn I am in trouble again,Greg said some thing about
front ends when I was up there this fall.I got to talk to him soon I need a 34 in cast wheel and widen rim with 20.8 tire to match the one I got off Greg.I can't handle the diesel
smoke at Gordyville.

toolz
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: M 5 plow day pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not sure who Gordy's grandson is- give me a call at 217-377-3724 and let me know- I'd like to talk to him. Would be good to find a few parts close by. I talked to Greg this week- he parted out a couple of GTBs some years ago, and is gonna check if he has anything left.

Probably won't go to Gordyville either. Not much of a fan of short indoor pulls.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Minneapolis Moline All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.