Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So I've got this Case 1090...

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TA1070
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: So I've got this Case 1090... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So I came across this Case 1090 last summer that I bought with intentions of converting to a puller. Well, after getting it home and thinking the whole deal over, I realized with it being such a rare low houred tractor (1092 hours), that it could serve a better purpose than tractor pulling, so I think I am going to let it go down the road. I already have a fully restored 1070, so I really don't need another 100 horse open station tractor. Anyway, I am at a crossroads and trying to decide what to do. I can't decide if I should fix a lot of the little things that really need to be done to make it usable, or just sell it as is. It is cosmetically pretty rough, mainly because it sat just inside a lean-to for 20 years, but mechanically, it seems very sound, but needs some tlc. Some of the things I think need done are: new rear rims and tires (sat with calcium in them all those years, pretty nasty), new seat, replace the old style Case hydraulic outlets, rebush the front axle pivots, and a new muffler. I've already changed the motor oil and filter, fuel filters, and coolant, and it starts and runs beautifully. After doing these things, I think the tractor could go to the field. I guess my question is, do you think I would get more interest and a better return putting some money in it, or not spending anything on it and selling it as is. Check out the pics and let me know what you think. Oh yeah, I think there were only about 450 of them built, and this one is a 1971 Delta model.

JW
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: So I've got this Case 1090... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Leave it as is. You start getting into rims and tires you won't get the return out of your money. The little stuff can somewhat be the same way. If I get carried away on ones I'm selling, it generally doesn't pay. It should sell off of hours and rarity more than anything. The front pivots shouldn't be that bad if the hours are right.

JW
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: So I've got this Case 1090... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would do the seat and muffler. Steps and lights in the fenders would be a big help too if you have them

wheat straw
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: So I've got this Case 1090... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for saving her. The delta was tough on equipment before it went to realy getting big, especialy in rice; Tough ground, mud and water at harvest, levees your climbing over. The case rice special combines were heavier framed and thus more dollars than a regular grain combine. geared real slow too.

Where you located. Be interesting to know where she came from. Arkansas by chance?

Wheat Straw

1370rod
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: So I've got this Case 1090... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think its good unit to let someone restore, wish I had room for it. I never heard of a Delta, what is different that its called that? Was there other models called Delta? Rod.

LJKCK
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: So I've got this Case 1090... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wow, this is the first I have ever seen or even heard of a 1090, and it looks pretty tough with the large front tires on it. What is the difference between this and a 1070? It looks to be in fairly decent shape for the age and conditions it was in. I would love to see some more pictures of it if at all possible.

Last edited by LJKCK on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
JW
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:09 am    Post subject: Re: So I've got this Case 1090... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There was a 1090 Delta, Rice, and Western. I had a Western But have never been able to find out what made each one special. Mine had no 3pt and enclosed 1070 brakes. I always thought 1090s had 1170 brakes to let the water and mud out but maybe that was part of the package, I don't know.

bradley martin
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: So I've got this Case 1090... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is that an 8 speed or powershift?

Thad
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: So I've got this Case 1090... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

As far as i have ever seen there was the Delta Rice and Western. We have had several come thru here and have salvaged several. The are a heavy built tractor. Thad

wheat straw
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: So I've got this Case 1090... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

As I remember (which is challenging for and old guy) is that the difference essentialy had to do with the front end and rear end, sealed out water and mud etc. I'm not sure about gears internaly. It was a hevier more expensive tractor to withstand the brutle rice field work.

Wheat Straw

jon f mn
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: So I've got this Case 1090... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

his is the first I've seen. I've heard of them tho. What is the difference btween them and the 1070? To bad it's so far away.

casemagnum
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: So I've got this Case 1090... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am interested in buying it just as it sits. I have been somewhat looking for one to restore. That one seems pretty original however I believe hour meter has rolled over at least once. If my email is not open let me know here and I will get it to you.

Kevin

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: So I've got this Case 1090... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jon,
The differences are suttle to most people, but quite extensive. There is one that showed up in our area 25 years back, that is still in use, and well cared for.
Here are the differences that I am aware of. Basically Case took bigger ruggeder parts from the 1170 and put them on a 1070.
1) 1170 front axle with external steering
cylinders.
2) Heavy duty Fixed arm 3pt, and thick 2 roller
drawbar
3) Delta model only, 1170 style disc brakes. ???
4) Cast Iron nose peice
5) Engine side rails and slide out weight frame.
6) not sure, but think they were all 8spds.
7) Both fender stiles available, Cab ???? never
saw one with a cab.

Loren

TA1070
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: So I've got this Case 1090... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey Kevin, shoot me an email and let me know what you're thinking. Todd

mopar66701
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: So I've got this Case 1090... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i had one with a cab. it wasnt a delta it was a western. had a plastic fuel tank.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.