Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

email address question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SweetFeet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:07 am    Post subject: email address question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Chris or Kim,

Just wondering if my email will be secure and not shared when I subscribe to the YT newsletter.

I'd kind of like to use my regular email... but don't want it getting round the world. (I have an account used only for online stuff, but do not check it as frequently).

Thanks for your help.

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: email address question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

SweetFeet,

The newsletter subscription doesn't really do anything nowadays since everything is interactive. When we get a new article, we put it in the archives and it starts revolving through the home page. And of course, with the forums, photo archives, and blogs, users provide and view interactively too. We should probably determine if we have a need for it now though there may be something cool we could do with it, so I don't want to discourage signing up for it. It would be interesting for people to receive, just to have something that isn't already directly available, but I can't think of what it would be.

Now for my ad nauseam part of the reply Wink. Email privacy.

Your email is as safe as the server security, which is mostly what both of us work on nowadays. Secure server is PCI compliant and tested regularly, the non-secure servers are run on updated, more secure operating systems, they don't run windows. Safe? Well, you know the world situation and there are governments bent on cracking other countries sites. Who knows with that sort of thing out there. Fortunately they are after bigger fish than email addresses on a tractor site Wink.

In contrast to what normal websites and web businesses do, which is almost legally unavoidable now with the current standards and laws, we don't use email addresses for anything business-wise except what you would expect. Could not put it more plainly than that. It's a matter of pride and honor for both of us, and the sales warehouse crew, to try and protect email privacy.

Bottom line, email address is as secure as it can be with YT except for the the caveats that are out of our control. My opinion is that it's more protected from a privacy standpoint than almost any other site I've observed.

SweetFeet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:36 am    Post subject: Re: email address question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks, Chris. Maybe I'll just wait on it.

Thanks again for all the work you and Kim do. Great site.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Site Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.