Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MM U302 Neutral Safety Switch

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JWL

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: MM U302 Neutral Safety Switch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am wanting to replace the neutral safety switch on the front of the gear shift cover so that the tractor only starts when the shifter is in the "S" position. I have tried to order the part #10A23729 but apparently it is no longer available. Looking around I have noticed that Massey Ferguson, Ford, etc. all used similar type switches which are all mainly still available and I am certain that Minneapolis Moline never made the switch so I was hoping that someone could help me to find out how to cross reference the part number to see if the same switch was used on another type of tractor so that I can try and order it that way.

Any help would be appreciated.

Alan K
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: MM U302 Neutral Safety Switch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Im not sure but I would bet they would work from something else. Someone on here should be able to give you more info....

Kevin Moschenrose
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: MM U302 Neutral Safety Switch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a forward and reverse cross reference and repair parts substitution books and looked up that number. I looked up that number you posted and it crosses to three different numbers that you may want to try out. They are 10a17650 10a 23451 and 10a23728

So you may want to give these a try as well.

JWL

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:29 am    Post subject: Re: MM U302 Neutral Safety Switch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you very much!!! Be chance does your book cross reference any of those MM part numbers to. Massey Ferguson part numbers?

BMG1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: MM U302 Neutral Safety Switch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I did some looking at the numbers Kevin posted and it appears the 10A17650 was a different switch. The 10A23451 is some type of shaft. I speculate the change to the later 10A23729 switch also required a change to the transmission shifting shaft that reacted with the switch.

If you have the old switch in your hand I recommend determining who made the switch for Moline based on any numbers or manufacturer marks on the old switch. Search on-line and you might get lucky and find it. I would think the switch is some type of generic plunger style switch but I have never had one off before and I'm certain none of those systems work on any of the tractors I have in our collection. I bet most farmers disabled them back in the day. I think some of the last tractors made had a clutch pedal switch instead of this integrated "S" position switch. You may want to look into that as an alternative to the trans case switch that is no longer available. I bet you could fab up such a switch and bracket setup pretty easily and just wire it into the start circuit.

Brian

Kevin Moschenrose
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: MM U302 Neutral Safety Switch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No massey numbers in here the only side not is that it is or was an outside by I suspect it is a cole hersee brand switch made by them for MM and you may want to check with an oliver dealer as well for this switch.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Minneapolis Moline All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.