Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

rims

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JT90
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: rims Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello,
I have a 1976 Ford 3600. Was thinking about sand blasting rims and fixing the tube valve holes over buying new rims. Can anyone recommend a good new rim that fits 13.6 28 tires.
Also need a power steering cylinder for the right side.
Thanks.

Jimmyjack
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: rims Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I got my best buy from Tucker Tire.

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: rims Reply to specific post Reply with quote

last new rims I got were from tucker tire. good prices..

JT90
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: rims Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had taken my wheels to a place to be sand blasted over 2 weeks ago and hadn't heard from the man until today. I was actually considering buying new ones but he gave me a good price on sandblasting so I went ahead and did that. Picked them up late this afternoon. Going to put a coat of primer on them tomorrow.

I still need to know where I can get a power steering cylinder for this tractor (on the right side). I appreciate any help you all can give me on this.

Jetbird
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: rims Reply to specific post Reply with quote

JT, I had the power steering cylinders for my 1968 3400 rebuilt at a local hydraulic rebuilder. He got the seals from a local shop instead of the dealer and saved me $. Rebuilder charged me $100 to do both I think vs. almost $200 each to buy new aftermarket cylinders. You need a good rebuilder because the cylinder's internal packing is not accessible unless you cut the cylinder open with a pipe cutter or a lathe. The packing can then be replaced and the cylinder has to be welded back together carefully so as not to burn up the seals. Hope this is helpful to you.

RodinNS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: rims Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Use an epoxy primer if you can. It will take the CaCl a long time to eat through that should you have a leak.
As far as new wheels go, I'd buy NewHolland original. I've had aftermarket from A&I and will never again buy them. They can't seem to make them round... so fitting the centers is a nightmare.

Rod

JT90
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: rims Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The stainless steel shaft on my cylinder has a flat spot on it and thats where it leaks. Don't know why it done that. So packing want fix that problem.
Rodin as for the wheels I had heard that about aftermaket wheels. The center part of wheel not lining up with bolts holes.

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:54 am    Post subject: Re: rims Reply to specific post Reply with quote

JT90 wrote:
(quoted from post at 21:21:04 01/05/13) The stainless steel shaft on my cylinder has a flat spot on it and thats where it leaks. Don't know why it done that. So packing want fix that problem.
Rodin as for the wheels I had heard that about aftermaket wheels. The center part of wheel not lining up with bolts holes.

Your rod probably does not have a flat spot. The normal wear on them is for the chrome to wear off on the underside at the center wear the seal spends most of it's time going forward and back. I have had some luck at repair by cleaning with acid then applying a little JB weld and sanding it down smooth with #1000. Depends on how much use you plan to give it.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.