Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

plow question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamo58
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: plow question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 3 botoom F-135 semi mount John Deere
plow. The third bottom has been tripping for
(what seems like) no good reason (it trips in good
soil without rock). The bottoms are far from new
but they all appear to be worn about the same and
only this third bottom consistently trips in good
soil. I"ve only been plowing for three years so
any thoughts/insight are welcome.

I am looking for the washer/spacers that increase
the bolt diameter that detains the spring tripping
mechanism. The manual calls to build up the
spacers to increase tripping resistance.

Anyone know where I might be able to find these
spacers, and/or parts for this plow?

Thanks,
Jameson

MoMike
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: plow question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You might check with your JD dealer. Tillage salvage parts are a bit of a pig in a poke as far as finding them. I need a leveling crank for a RWA disc or at least the springs for it so I know what your going through. Some of those parts may be used on later models.

johnemcn
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: plow question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sometimes the stub on top of the beam has to be built up with weld so it doesn"t trip

tomstractorsandtoys1
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: plow question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Have you tripped the bottom and checked out the roller assembly and the spring that is connected to it? We used to farm alot of rocks and would break a roller every year or two.Inspect the standard for wear they do wear at the top and then the roller flips out to easy.I do not recomend welding because if it is not right the bottom will not trip the next time you hit a rock.The shims you are asking for can be made,just find a bushing that fits over what is on the plow now and if nessary add a second over that.I would look for another standard off a junk plow.Try to find one from an area with few rocks like Iowa or IL.Years ago you could send your standard back to Deere to have it redone.Many dealers kept extras to exchange.If you are not worried about looks dad fixed his by welding a piece of steel onto the rear of the pivot assembly he attached a spring and eye bolt to this and put a piece of channel on top the plow backbone with a hole for the eyebolt.Tightening the spring applied more force down on the roller so he could adjust the trip pressure.Worked great but looked bad.

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: plow question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jamo58
Your plow must be a F145 if it has safety trip standards. A F135 is a shear bolt trip plow. You could consider replacing this spring as the old spring could have lost some of it's tension.
A17841 SPRING ADD 10.78 USD

Jamo58
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: plow question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies. Bushings it is. I will check the standard and the spring for wear.

If all else fails at least I"ll have the spring and eye bolt solution in my back pocket.

Carlyle hoffman
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: plow question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Your local JD dealer can order them!!!!!

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.