Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

antivius protection

View previous topic :: View next topic  
edward will
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: antivius protection Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi all, Some time ago there was a post about scam and pc antivirus protection. I would like a good free download that's fairly fast. At that time I didn't take note: please suggest some. Thanks, Ed Will

Mike (WA)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: antivius protection Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My computer guru always put free AVG on mine, for years- now he has switched to Microsoft Security Essentials. If he's happy, I'm happy.

sd pete
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: antivius protection Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am a long ways from being a techy, MSE and malware bytes is a good combination and both are free.

glennster
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: antivius protection Reply to specific post Reply with quote

one of my shop computers just got a virus on it called "strong vault" it is a type of malware that comes piggybacked on something. strong vault is supposedly a backup software that has you backup your system on the web somewhere. it is nasty to get rid of. my puter is still in the shop. it lets all kind of malware into your ststem. i am running avg and malware bytes, and it still got thru.

Rick Kaufmann
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: antivius protection Reply to specific post Reply with quote

edward will wrote:
(quoted from post at 15:35:41 01/04/13) Hi all, Some time ago there was a post about scam and pc antivirus protection. I would like a good free download that's fairly fast. At that time I didn't take note: please suggest some. Thanks, Ed Will

I've used AVG for anti-virus and Spybot Search and Destroy for malware protection for years. Both are free and will protect you well. I've never had abug that they didn't detect and remove. I've never witnessed any loss in PC performance using these tools.
Rick

Goose
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: antivius protection Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Check out Malwarebytes. The have a free version, and it works.

I have Webroot on my computer, but it costs $50. Only reason I have it, is it was thrown in when I bought a new computer.

Dave Sherburne NY
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: antivius protection Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I use AVG on my house desktop computer. The guy that cleaned up my wife's laptop put commodo on hers and the one I use for a radio in the garage has nothing. It had Avast on it but it really slowed it down so I took it off.
Free Virus detectors

Soilfarmer77
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: antivius protection Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've used avg and avast for the last 4-5yrs. Both are free. I personally like avast better. I felt like avg slowed my computer more. No matter which one you choose, be sure to also run spybot. My wife is a Facebook nut and we've not had any virus issues (knock on wood) even though she's tried her best to download a few.

old_bc
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: antivius protection Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Microsoft has a free Antivirus program for XP, Vista & Windows 7.
Microsoft Security Essentials

wfw
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: antivius protection Reply to specific post Reply with quote

malwarebytes works good for spyware BUT it is not an antivirus program. I use it for spyware and microsoft security essentials for anti virus. both are free and work good.

frank

Chip812
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: antivius protection Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Trend Micro or AVG AND Malwarbytes...

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.