Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with year of UTS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
goatboy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Help with year of UTS Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a recently purchased Moline UTS, it does not have a serial tag on it. I posted pics before under UTS Steering and some people said it looks like an early 50"s. I am just wanting to buy a manual and want to make sure I get the right one. Thanks

mmdiesel
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with year of UTS Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I should have the manual that you need. I have several versions of the UT manuals (1948-1951 . Around 1952, the UTS was included with the UB manual (which I also have several of). Email me if I can help

Michael Moeller
mmdieselpuller@yahoo.com

molinegb
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with year of UTS Reply to specific post Reply with quote

With tie rod in front of axle 48 or 49.

shinnery
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with year of UTS Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The combined UB/UTS Repair Catalog R-1119A states on its front cover that it covers S/N 01210571 and newer. That is the same S/N as the start of 1953 production. It does only show a parts breakdown for the nonadjustable front axle with the draglink behind the axle. HTH
Bryce

BMG1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: Help with year of UTS Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You want repair catalog R-1056E. Your tractor has the front axle with the tie rod out front and the two piece rear wheel centers. According to R-1056E the two piece wheel centers (hub #10B1163) were available for 30" wheels starting with first 1949 UTS. Be sure to get the "E" suffix catalog as the R-1056B level does not have the two piece hubs yet lists the same serial number range (334001 and after) on the cover.
Based on this data it appears your tractor was built between 1949 and mid 1951. They changed the front axle at serial # 01205554 in mid 1951 production based on the data contained in repair catalog R-1115A which covers the late UT series prior to the U Specials.

Brian

BMG1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with year of UTS Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The manual you're looking for is for sale on ebay right now. Item # 181057023478

DEAN ZINGRE
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with year of UTS Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Brian- did you notice the steering wheel ???????????? What year did they start with those ?????????? Got any snow over by you?? Have a great day !!

goatboy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with year of UTS Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It has a complete power steering setup off of a Chevy Truck. It works ok but I am putting it back to original. Thanks everybody for the info.

BMG1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with year of UTS Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dean,
Got about 6-8" between the holidays. Not much since but its trying again tonight. It was nice to see some white stuff for Christmas.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Minneapolis Moline All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.