Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How many do you see?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1370rod
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: How many do you see? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Took this pic this fall and never posted it because it did not contain a tractor. But I suppose we can see if we all come up with the same windtower count. Rod.

Patsdeere
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: How many do you see? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wow. I get about 66.

JHH
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject: Re: How many do you see? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

1370rod wrote:
(quoted from post at 01:58:39 01/05/13) Took this pic this fall and never posted it because it did not contain a tractor. But I suppose we can see if we all come up with the same windtower count. Rod.

What do you mean "no tractor", looks like power white in the foreground to me.

Stephen Newell
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:19 am    Post subject: Re: How many do you see? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dumas TX?

dboll

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:24 am    Post subject: Re: How many do you see? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I worked on those things for 7 years and I am glad I don't have to look at them from my farm. I told my supervisor once that they were 200 foot manure piles! I suppose those by you are 80 or 100 meter towers.

1370rod
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: How many do you see? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nope, this is windy SW Minn. Rod.

1370rod
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: How many do you see? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Doug,I do not know how tall these are, the closest in the pic is 1.5 mi. These are 15 mi. from where we live and they are visible from home. New project being developed 7 mi. SW of us rumors say they are the tallest that have been built todate. I would not want to live close to one, the nearest to our home is about 4 mi. in the right wind condition you can hear them running when you are outdoors. Rod.

1370rod
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: How many do you see? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rumors have it a lady passing through this area was complaining about how windy it is. At that time she remarked it would not be that way if they would turn off all those large fans that were running. This is probably a story told in all wind farm areas, LOL, Rod.

d beatty

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: How many do you see? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There is an area about 25 miles north west of Lafayette,Indiana that there are around 500 of these windtowers.

JGarner
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: How many do you see? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What kind of seed are they planting in that field to get those things to grow?

Yet another "stupid" question/statement to start around. (<:

Jim

McKerrow630
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: How many do you see? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well lets see 1........2........3.........4 ah is there one behind that one? Ah nuts be easier try'en to count cases in wyoming!!! Hee Hee, nice pic. "wave" of the future I guess. If it helps keep are kids home (solders) I'am all for it. Just my 11 cents worth.

Gene Dotson
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: How many do you see? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rod;

About 15 years ago I made a trip to the Dakotas and Minnesota. Entered Minnesota west of the Buffalo Ridge area. There were many towers there then. From there we went up through Canby and spent a couple days near Hancock. Is this anywhere near this area?

I also often fly over the Austin/Rochester area and are many miles of towers there. These wind farms are now depicted on the VFR navigation charts.

Gene

1370rod
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: How many do you see? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

These are approx. 75 mi south of Canby. Rod.

Thad
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: How many do you see? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What 70 series tractor are you driving in the pic? Thad

Agri King
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: How many do you see? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Those things are crazy tall. I hate heights. I like the idea of the renewable energy, but I guess I don't have to look at them either. There is no reason to the placement of them? How do they decide? What's the old movie that the guys parachute gets caught in a wind tower?

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.