Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

new ideal cycle mower

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donald in Kentucky

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: new ideal cycle mower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a new ideal cycle mower pull type pto driven when u pull the rope the bar wont raise. I have not found a model number on it. Just wondering if anybody work on one. Thanks
Donald

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: new ideal cycle mower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

First off New Ideal never made a tractor powered mower, they were all horse drawn mowers. Are you thinking New Idea as they are 2 different companys but both built horse drawn mowers but by the time the tractor mowers came about New Ideal was out of business. And I do have some books on both. New Idea could be a model 30.

60 acre hillside
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: new ideal cycle mower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

When i worked for Allis Chalmers we were a New Idea dealer. A customer called in with that same problem. The shop foreman sent me out with a small leaf spring to put in the gear box. Repair took about 5 minutes. This was about 1964 and the mowere was old then.Part may be hard to find

Dave H (MI)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: new ideal cycle mower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have one. Same problem when I brought it home. That was at least four years ago so I am working from memory and memory's not all it could be. mine was just stuck from sitting around. I "encouraged" the linkage close to the gear box with a small hammer until it had run thru a few lifts. After that it worked OK. I only used it a little before replacing it. I have eight sickle mowers and this one is not used any longer. If I looked at it I could probably tell you exactly what I did to get it working but it is way out back sitting in the snow. It's not a complicated thing. See if you can get it to do it manually a few times and maybe that will free it up. If not I will suit up and go have a look at mine for you and see if I can help.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.