Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Moline magazines?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike (WA)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Moline magazines? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Going to go to work on my 4 Star Super pretty quick. I've had it awhile, and have subscribed to both the MM Corresponder and Prairie Gold Rush at one time or another (10 years ago). Googled enough to see that both are still going. Corresponder is $35 a year and Prairie Gold is $20. Corresponder was slick, color, etc., back then, Prairie Gold was not. My recollection was that the Mohr family became estranged from the MM club, so went off on their own.

Any advice on which one to subscribe to? Actually, I mostly want to get it for the ads, because I'm rusty on who has parts anymore (I do recall there were about 4 main parts sources, whose names all started with "W"). Does one have significantly more ads than the other?

Thanks for any opinions you can give.

Kevin Moschenrose
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Moline magazines? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Both are now printed on nice glossy paper and both are well worth the money on them.

Kevin Moschenrose
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Moline magazines? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Both are now printed on nice glossy paper and both are well worth the money on them.

t.r.k.

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Moline magazines? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I take both magazines. Hve been since the mid '90s.

during the time I have subscrebed, I think the magazine has been printed by the Mohrs, and it sounds like they are involved with the club and they still put a lot of club information in it.

I don't know anything about an estrangememt between them and the club, although they do say from time to time that we are not the MM collectors club. I think this is because they get mail and calls from folks that think they and the club are one and the same.

Then again I live 1200 miles away. . .

maj-mm
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: Moline magazines? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

As stated both Magazines are now partially Color, BOTH are worth subscribing too.

Subscription rates for BOTH are $20 per year or $28 for 2 years.

Dues for the Minneapolis-Moline Collectors Inc., is separate & also worthwhile for their scholarships, research grants, & preservation projects.

Cliff Nelson
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Moline magazines? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The MM Collectors club has always been separate from the Corresponder magazine but cooperate with each other. The Prairie Gold Rush was the first magazine and there were some issues (probably 25 years ago) which led to the MM Corresponder and MM Collectors club being started. A lot of the individuals involved are no longer with us and all three entities get along well. As others have said both magazines are worth getting as well as club membership.

oleclint
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Moline magazines? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Cliff.,You stated it very well.
If I am thinking rite, There are only about 3 or 4 of the original guys that are living now ,that were involved in starting the P G R.
It can depend when you say "started" the P G R. Several months before the first PGR was published , there was a meeting of about 10 guys that got together and ironed out details of the magazine.Not to many of that groupe are left now. Thanks for your information. clint

MMDEL
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: Moline magazines? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Clint you are making me feel old. I was not in that group of 10, I know you and Avery was. But I was at that first gathering at the Truck Stop in Iowa. Where it was decided to start a national wide organization. Roger Bumgardner was a member of our local club and he had stoped here at the shop different times and discussed the posibilty of such a move.
The MM Prairie Gold Rush was the first International organization, (we had Charter members from Canada). The Two Cyl club . Red Power, ect. all came afterwards, they followed the lead of MM owners who "Farmed Big" with a VISION.
MMDEL
Cliff: I agree that was well put.

Last edited by MMDEL on Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
J.Wondergem
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Moline magazines? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I also belong to both, or all three.

Clyde in Colo
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: Moline magazines? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you have any PG in your veins, how could you NOT have to have both????

Mike (WA)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Moline magazines? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Trouble is, I'm kind of an equal opportunity "orphan tractor" guy- I have a Moline, a couple of Olivers, a Cockshutt, well, you get the idea. Need to limit myself to one magazine per marque.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Minneapolis Moline All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.