Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013 Diesel Trucks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don Karpel
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: 2013 Diesel Trucks Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Im looking at getting a new truck was wondering what you guys liked better. Im looking at a F250 or 2500 with the diesel motors. Any help will be great.

rusted nuts
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: 2013 Diesel Trucks Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would wait 6 months and see how much trouble other people have with them fore I spend big bucks on a little truck.

Husker44A
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: 2013 Diesel Trucks Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would go with the new Cummins!!!! Proven engine better fuel economy, no DPF fluid to buy @ $20+ a gallon. Better trans. Exhaust brake. IMO. They have better or more debates right now anyways. There'll all nice including the price tag. WOW!!!

VicS
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: 2013 Diesel Trucks Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A fellow coffee shop drinker. Had a 2011 which he traded for a 2013 Ford engined F250. He had a Gas engined truck in-between. He says nothing pulls like a Diesel!

560farm
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Re: 2013 Diesel Trucks Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I bought a new '12 F350 FX4,SW,CC,LB 6.7 at the end of May, it was built in April. This is my 4th superduty. I had the '01 v-10, '05 6.0, '08 6.4 & now 6.7. They were all excellent trucks and never gave me any problems. I like this one the best out of all of them. The def fluid is only $4/gal or $12 per 2.5 gal container and it holds 5 gals, you can also buy it in bulk. My trucks are well maintained, washed/waxed regularly and taken care of. I have several friends who have them and bought them in '11 when they 1st came out and never had any trouble. Buy what you want, like and will make you happy!

cannonball
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: 2013 Diesel Trucks Reply to specific post Reply with quote

looks like it would be cheaper to buy it by the gallon...

JMOR
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: 2013 Diesel Trucks Reply to specific post Reply with quote

husker44a wrote:
(quoted from post at 00:42:25 01/06/13) I would go with the new Cummins!!!! Proven engine better fuel economy, no DPF fluid to buy @ $20+ a gallon. Better trans. Exhaust brake. IMO. They have better or more debates right now anyways. There'll all nice including the price tag. WOW!!!
Might ought to re-visit that 'no DPF".

oliver power
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: 2013 Diesel Trucks Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mine is a 2011 Silverado, 3500, Reg cab, single rear wheel, 4 x 4, w/Duramax. Best truck I've ever owned. As far as pulling goes, it puts all my gassers to shame. 404HP, with 765 foot pounds of torque. I pull daily, up and down hills. Some quite steep. This diesel shifts up on hills that the gassers shift down twice.....and does it with ease. The engine brake is nice for going down hills. The only time I actually use my brakes is when I come to a complete stop. I believe the cummins requires diesel exaust fluid now. That's what I've been told last year. Don't know that for fact. Buying DEF fluid in 2.5 gallon containers is a pain in the but. Last time I filled the DEF tank, I went to truck stop, and filled straight from the pump. Much faster, better, and half the cost. It was like filling a 5 gallon can. Put the nozzle in. One minute later, the tank is full. Drive away, and foget it for another 5,000 miles. No more 2.5 gallon containers for me.

Ted in NE-OH
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: 2013 Diesel Trucks Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Buy a 2012 Dodge it doesn't require DEF, 2013's do

buickanddeere
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: 2013 Diesel Trucks Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sure if you can afford the higher up from cost. The more expensive fuel. The more expensive regular service. The cost of the urea. Then once warrenty runs out. The cost of common rail injectors, glow plugs, the larger battery, the larger die$el starter, the turbo, variable waste gate, the particulate filter and the urea injection system. Higher insurance premiums too for the more expensive truck.
Check out Ford's direction injection six or General Motor's 2014 direct injection engines.

David G
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: 2013 Diesel Trucks Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 2011 and 2012 F250, love them both.

David G
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: 2013 Diesel Trucks Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The DEF fluid is virtually no cost. I put in about a gallon per thousand miles.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.