Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More wisdom from our governmet

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
37chief
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: More wisdom from our governmet Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was watching the news this morning with my coffee. Someone from the Dept of agriculture has the bright idea to keep our food safer by keeping wild animals out of the fields. This will keep our food cleaner. I hope that dosen't go anywhere. I can't even keep them out of my house. (mice)Stan

Greg1959
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: More wisdom from our governmet Reply to specific post Reply with quote

LOL! Yup, it is a constant battle.

Mark6005
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: More wisdom from our governmet Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sure all we need is a couple signs reading no deer or coyotes. And we pay people to come up with these recommendations?

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: More wisdom from our governmet Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I saw that last night. Told the wife it'd be hilarious if they weren't serious. I wonder if we're supposed to stop the birds from flying over too.

samn40
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: More wisdom from our governmet Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Next thing is they will have to set up a department to deal with the wild animals that now have to live on the roads as they are not allowed in the fields!!!
LOL....Sam

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: More wisdom from our governmet Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Don't you know it is a contradiction of terms you used?? Wisdom and Government in the same sentence is just plain and simple wrong since you know there is no wisdom in the gov any more just the rich trying to figure out how to take from the poor to get richer.
As for that idea that was like them saying that to help cut down on to many deer they should give them birth control shots

old as dirt 44
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: More wisdom from our governmet Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Maybe we can put diapers on every animal that crosses our fields, maybe like diaper stations in stores lol

Billy Shafer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: More wisdom from our governmet Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just about fell out of my chair when I heard that one. Guess that will go over just about as well. As the town that banned animals from having you now what in public.

Hay_Man
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: More wisdom from our governmet Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If they would take those deer crossing signs down, there would a lot less deer / car accidents. We're just concentrating the deer into that funnel crossing onto the the road.

donjr
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: More wisdom from our governmet Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We're allowed , still, to edumacate our kids, and rightfully so, by law. We're just not allowed to knock any common sense into them anymore. Some of these must now be getting into government jobs.....

Charlie M
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: More wisdom from our governmet Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They can start by keeping the deer out of my garden.

fixerupper
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: More wisdom from our governmet Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So the government wants to take our guns away so we can't shoot each other but we'll still die from food borne disease brought on by an overpopulation of wild animals. Folks, in case you didn't know we HUMANS harbor far, far more harmful diseases than animals, wild or otherwise do. Coincidentally, the other day I was watching some show about the diseases we can get from just being in the public. Then I got to thinking about how many times a livestock farmer gets poop or cow snot or whatever else comes out of an animal, splattered or kicked into his mouth. He wipes his mouth out on his sleeve and goes on, and he never gets sick from it. Jim

JRSutton
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: More wisdom from our governmet Reply to specific post Reply with quote

yeah I heard that one too! Figured it must have been stuck in there by somebody with a relative in the fencing business.

Gotta love washington.

petetx
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: More wisdom from our governmet Reply to specific post Reply with quote

another brainiac Educated beyond his intelligence

Wesley Stephens
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: More wisdom from our governmet Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The man who can economically keep wild animals out of fields would be declared the hero of our age.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.