Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

73' Ford 3000 fair price ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dan shu
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: 73' Ford 3000 fair price ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 73 Ford 3000...gas, PS Live PTO pretty good shape tirs very good condition. Do you think $3800 is a fair price ? Thanks Going to let her go in spring.

TimInd
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 73' Ford 3000 fair price ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

In NW Indiana that tractor should bring about $4500.

Fordfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: 73' Ford 3000 fair price ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Straight tin, nice paint, and good tires...it would sell pretty quick here in n/w WI at that price. I have a strong preference for diesels myself, but it doesn't seem to matter, gas or diesel, when you advertise a 3000.

steamnjn23
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: 73' Ford 3000 fair price ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice looking tractor!

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:51 am    Post subject: Re: 73' Ford 3000 fair price ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So ahhh,
What are you doing for an air filter and why in heck would you change the original?
That would devalue it for me.
I sold two of them 1n 2012.
A very nice 3000 - gas, complete new engine, clutch, wiring, tach, paint. 8 sp lpto, rear tires 80%, fronts new. No remotes, no PS. Got $5K even for it. Had to deliver it 70 miles away.
Didn't advertise it but sold it to a fellow I met on another site.

Second one was a 2000 that I built out of pieces this fall. New rings and bearings, clutch. Gas,
6 sp, trans pto, no ps, no remotes. Tires about 60%. Did have nice fenders on it and of course front wheels which this photo doesn't show.
Nice tin but as is - no new paint.
Sold that one on Craigslist for $3500 - my yard.

Yours is worth at least another $1K above what you are asking if it runs as well as it looks.

Rather than sell it with the holes in the hood maybe consider buying a Square D weather tight knock out plug.
I don't remember the size - 2 1/2"? 3?
Has a bar and a wing nut underneath that clamps it in place.
Looks nice.

dan shu
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: 73' Ford 3000 fair price ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks to all...Ultradog very nice 3000 you had...I got the tractor as you see it...guy used it only for grass cutting...he had a lot of professional work to the engine when he got about 10 years ago...didnt need it but it seemed he took vey good care of it. I have the "thing" that sticks out of the hood....just dont know where or how it hooks up.

Fordfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: 73' Ford 3000 fair price ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had noticed the missing precleaner, but now I see that there is no visible air cleaner at all. I bet it's just like one I saw on CL a day or two ago... a gasser with a diesel's hood. Dry filter is still there, just hard to get at it.

Sean in PA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:43 am    Post subject: Re: 73' Ford 3000 fair price ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My '73 4000 is a gasser, and came that way from the factory according to the numbers stamped into the flat spot, which agree with the sticker that's still on the underside of the hood, and mine has the diesel type oil bath air filter, and as far as I can tell, it came that way from the factory as well. There is no cut-out on the side of the hood for the dry filter, and everything about the oil bath filter looks to be the factory diesel type, and looks original to the tractor. I took the filter housing out last year to soak everything, and the places where the brackets mounted to the nosecone of the tractor showed all original paint and original spots with no paint at all under the the bracket mounting points. Mine started life as a state owned highway mower, so they may have special ordered it that way from the factory, but mine is an example of at least one 3 cylinder gasser that came from the factory with the oil bath air filter.

W_B
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: 73' Ford 3000 fair price ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sounds low to me, I think you can probably get more.

On a related note, saw that a late model (1983?) 4000 sold Friday at a farm auction in South-Central Ohio for $4,000. Didn't hear it run as had to work then and couldn't go but the pictures all looked good and hours were not excessive. Probably a good buy. Wife asked why I torture myself following this stuff when I can't afford to buy. Had no answer for her.

Last edited by W_B on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.