Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bought a 1030.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shane Lovelace
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject: Bought a 1030. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Have been looking for a Western for a little while. Looked at several then finaly found we liked. Hope you all enjoy!

McKerrow630
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: Bought a 1030. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks pretty good in her work duds. Go'en ta make pretty or put it to work? thanks for sharing

Bill talbert
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: Bought a 1030. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like a good find !!! We had a 1030 years ago!!! It was a 1968 row crop with a factory cab!!!!! Bought it new! Was a horse at that time !!!!!!

Shane Lovelace
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: Bought a 1030. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes. Gonna cut hay and pull our bale wagon. Do a little pasture bushhogging.

Don Rudolph
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: Bought a 1030. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good for you! Looks like a pretty straight machine. I hope it gives you hours and hours of satisfaction. Don

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: Bought a 1030. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

glad you guy's found a good one Shane, should do your operation well,,looking forward to "worrking" pics this year of all your herd, let me know if you need help with the pto change over cnt tom

R Wyler
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: Bought a 1030. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like a nice 1030. Good solid, simple, reliable tractors.

casecollectorsc
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Bought a 1030. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mine is just like that, but is not a true Western just because it has the big fenders. My son has a Western and it has the front axle turned around, meaning the wishbone is to the front instead of under the tractor. Both of ours have 34" tires, but the big fender tractors have room for 38" tires.

Lamont
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: Bought a 1030. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like a "true" Western to me with big fenders, 10.00-16 front tires, and 8-bolt front hubs. The "truth" would be on the serial tag. If it is labeled "1032" it is a "true" Western. The orientation of the front axle does not designate it either way.

My 930 Western that my grandpas bought new has the short wheel base. 10.00-16 front tires, 8-bolt front hubs, and originally had the wide fenders which I would like to replace someday, but the serial tag is where the truth lies. It reads 932.

Redcru
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Bought a 1030. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is that the one from Ava IL? If it is did you look at the 600 combine? Thanks Dale

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Bought a 1030. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

"GP"'s like the one Shane got could be ordered with the large wide fenders but that did not make them a "Western Special" true "Specials" had the set back front axle and had the wide fenders as std equipment, as to the 8-bolt hubs all could be ordered with them starting about 1966 on both 930 and 1030 tractors

Shane Lovelace
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Bought a 1030. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes is the one from Ava. And I did take a quick glance at the combine. He said he it ran and operated good. I did not hear it run though.

Lamont
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Bought a 1030. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What was a 1032?

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Bought a 1030. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

that would be as Case called them a "Special", we called them a Western Special like you due to the wide fenders and set back axle, a standard tractor like a 930 6-speed had full fenders and non adjustiable front and rear axles and no 3pt available, these "special" or even Western Specials had the option of having 3pt and had adjustable front and rear axles this to me is what made them different fromt he plain standard tractors hopethis makes sence cnt

tractor300

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Bought a 1030. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Had one year's ago just like it, only on 38 inch rubber. Air cleaner stack was also a little taller. Bought it used with low hours and ran it quite a few years. Was a horse back then. Was turned up a little and would really snort. The only problem I had was had to replace a head gasket a time or two and keeping the radiator together. Finally soldered some straps on the radiator top pan and onto the core area and that fixed the problem. Good old tractors.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.