Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NAA Carb reolacement

View previous topic :: View next topic  
charlieLCDR
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: NAA Carb reolacement Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Planning to replace my carb. The one I have is Marvel Schebler. I notice there is a Zenith carb that is listed as a replacement. Which is the best to buy? I use this tractor often and don"t plan to restore it to original I just want it to be reliable. Also are the overhauled carbs just as reliable as new ones?

Thanks for assist !!!

jbirnsch
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: NAA Carb reolacement Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Another problem is the crappy aftermarket rebuild kits available. We rebuilt our WD carb with one and it either runs over or you have to tap on it with a screwdriver to get gas to flow. I need to get a OEM kit but not sure if these are worth bringing home anymore.....

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: NAA Carb reolacement Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I use the Walker brand carb kits sold by O'Reilly's auto parts store and never had a problem yet using them

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:13 am    Post subject: Re: NAA Carb reolacement Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The MS carbs are perfectly good from my experience. And as J. said the kits can be problematic. The experience that I have had is that the little neoprene tip of the float valve will stick in the seat. Someone posted a cure for that a few weeks ago. Maybe you can find it in the archives. One cure for it is to shut the gas off at the tank before shutting motor off and drawing down the level of the gas in the bowl.

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:50 am    Post subject: Re: NAA Carb reolacement Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i'd rebuild your ms, get a good ms to rebuild or buy a rebuilt ms, or get a ms repop.. ( in that order).. before I got a zenith.

yes.. the zenith will work.. I just don't prefer them.

cdmn
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: NAA Carb reolacement Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My experience has been that non-ethanol gas is requiried to keep the float valve from sticking.
Occasionally enough sediment will collect in the bowl that the jet will be covered when it sloshes around and it will starve. Need to lower the bowl and clean it out.

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: NAA Carb reolacement Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You might also contact forum member GB in MT via the 9N/2N/8N forum.
He rebuilds them for other forum members and I've heard nothing but good.

Wing Nut
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:59 am    Post subject: Re: NAA Carb reolacement Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I took the carb from my Jubilee to the local New Holland dealer and paid them to rebuild it because for the price they charged it was worth the money to let somebody else do it. Also, all adjustments were pre-set and all I had to do was install it and press the starter button. The MS is a good carb. I had mine rebuilt as part of a restoration, not out of necessity. In fact, as long as it doesn't get below 20 degrees (not common in SC), I don't even need to use the choke. I don't have any experience with the Zenith so I have no opinion.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.