Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

O.T. - Vehicle break-ins

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PJH
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: O.T. - Vehicle break-ins Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I read John in La's post yesterday about how thieves punch a hole under the door lock to gain entry into a vehicle, and this morning my wife and I were driving through Carbondale IL, and a Buick LeSabre in the lane next to us had a hole punched exactly like the pic that John posted. Seeing is believing, and I saw it here first.
Johns pic

MarkB_MI
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: O.T. - Vehicle break-ins Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't think anyone disputes that you can break into many cars by punching a hole in the door. The part that is fictional is the idea that someone would break into a car just to determine where its owner lives, while not taking anything from the car.

PJH
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: O.T. - Vehicle break-ins Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yeah - I don't think the common car thief is disciplined enough to pass up easy pickins'. But just in case - a couple of years ago I programmed "home" in my GPS to be the city hall/police station in the little town near where I live. Surely I can find my way home from there, ha. It shows my stupidity though. I never thought about all the insurance/registration papers in the glove box. All with my name and address listed on them. My car's 11 years old, so it's not much of a target.

Goose
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: O.T. - Vehicle break-ins Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yeah. My GPS thinks an Interstate overpass a coupla miles from my house is "home".

But, like you said, if anyone broke into my car, my registration, insurance cards, etc. are in the glove box anyway.

GordoSD
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: O.T. - Vehicle break-ins Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Why not redact the information the Police don't need to see? All they need is your name on there and the dates.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.