Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

560 motor

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
new at it

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: 560 motor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What would be the best motor to use in a 560 I want to pull with USAP in the 8&12 mph classes sould i start with a RD or a dt466.

ss409
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: 560 motor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

red diamond. more power than you can hook!

IndianaOllie

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 560 motor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Doesnt the RDs and 466s require adapter plates? If so usap states no adapter plates.

AFTERSHOCK
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: 560 motor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They do require adapter plates, but I am also curious about the USAP rules now. I have intentions on taking my 560 to White Pine & Tunica, but now I am wondering if I will be able to. As far as the engine, yes, an RD is the way to go if its permitted.

Ray Tellin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: 560 motor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a RD406 for sale and will have 3 RD450s for sale shortly if you're interested. $900 for the 406 and $1500 for the 450's. You can reach me at 319 404 5146 if your interested.

ss409
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: 560 motor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think the rd coversions use the same thickness rear plate as a 560, the plate looks like a stock 560 plate. the dt engines use the stock adapter plate from the 66 series. USAP is swamped with rd powered 460-560s. You go down there to play, you better be 275-325hp with a rd, n thats in the 4000lb class! aint like it used to be down there. Im glad John gave these pullers a place to compete! NATPA should allow these in div 5 n watch the dust fly n the Ms cry. lol

JUSTWONDERING

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: 560 motor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wondering what John,Rob,or Eric will have to say about this because they draw a lot of tractors with plates ?

IndianaOllie

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: 560 motor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well that's good to know. I guess that opens the doors for other colors to run adapter plates. Should be some fun classes. Let em rip.

Massey 101
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: 560 motor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would not think John would allow that!

ss409
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: 560 motor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

have seen 400 series blocks in 560s, pull at USAP before. I dont know if it was exhibition or not, but, old hook mag photos showed a 466 powered tractor pulling Modified, pro, or super pro stock at USAP. I know ollies run 320s in 77s n 88s there too. even 101s with 265s, or 44 6s with the 427 continental. been a while since ive seen that, but, its been there before. Funny thing is, everybody has a good time. Thats what its all about. You didnt think them 460s n 560s running that hard were running 301s did ya? lol.

new at it

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: 560 motor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

how many ci can you get out of a rd450 thats what I have or should I look for a 501 to start with.

new at it

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: 560 motor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Would a dt466 have a better head?

Tim Yates
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: 560 motor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Don't waste your money on the 501 if you already have the 450.use the extra money and bore it and stroke it to get appx 585 to 600 cubic inch with the 450..a good set of custom pistons to raise the compression will wake up the 450.if you don't do anything else.

ss409
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: 560 motor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

600ci up to 800. they say even at 550ci is still more power than they can handle. talk to a fella named Birdsong, n a few others n theyd point ya in the right direction.

IndianaOllie

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: 560 motor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I know it's all about fun but just wondering why it's ok for IHs to run plates and not any other brands. 320s will bolt directly to 77 bells, 265 Chryslers bolt directly to super 101 bells, 427s bolt to 55 bells I think.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Pulling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.